What's new

Song availability in iTunes app

Tricon7

Reaction score
There have been several songs I wanted to download onto my iPhone through iTunes, but I noticed that they say "Album only." Is there a different place to download music other than iTunes where I may be able to get the song instead of having to buy an entire album for one song?

Sorry if you've tried this already but depending on the song/album you can sometimes find a restricted album-only song if you look in "See All Songs".

You could try downloading the song from amazon and transferring it manually. Not as easy as straight from iTunes but still a viable option albeit a few more steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the "See all songs" option in iTunes, but it still didn't give me the song I wanted (still "album only"). I went to Amazon mp3s, but got the same thing - "album only."

I looked at Frostwire. It's a P2P sharing program, isn't it? I'm leery of these, since people can transmit all kinds of viruses/worms through them. I'm not sure I'm all that trusting. For all I know, the music association is distributing infected songs everywhere just to keep people from using these kinds of programs.

I looked at Frostwire. It's a P2P sharing program, isn't it? I'm leery of these, since people can transmit all kinds of viruses/worms through them. I'm not sure I'm all that trusting. For all I know, the music association is distributing infected songs everywhere just to keep people from using these kinds of programs.

What you're being told is that the only way to get what you want, even though you're willing to pay for it, is to find it for free in the 'usual places'. The company who makes the content you like doesn't want to sell it to you the way you want to buy it.

What you're being told is that the only way to get what you want, even though you're willing to pay for it, is to find it for free in the 'usual places'. The company who makes the content you like doesn't want to sell it to you the way you want to buy it.

And I'll tell you this much - I'm not going to buy an entire album just to get one song. I don't know what the artists are thinking on that; their sales are going to suffer.