What's new

Some People Have Been Duped Into Drilling Their Own iPhone 7 Headphone Jack

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
People pranked to drill headphone jack in iPhone 7.JPG

BGR has an extraordinary tale of an online prank that has gone very wrong indeed for some gullible iPhone 7 owners. It seems that YouTube channel TechRax posted a parody video entitled “Secret Hack To Get Headphone Jack on the iPhone 7” that makes fun of the whole iPhone 7 headphone jack removal furore.

Basically, the video suggests that you use a drill to make a headphone jack in your shiny new iPhone. You can’t really blame TechRax for having a bit of a laugh; they probably didn’t expect anyone to actually take their video seriously, but it appears that some hapless users may well have done so, with some people leaving comments underneath the video stating that they have actually followed the advice in the video and drilled a hole in their iPhone 7! Of course there’s no way of knowing if the comments are genuine, but doubtless there’s always someone gullible enough to actually try. The prank has certainly paid off in one respect, with more than 10 million views for the video.

Source: Please don’t drill a headphone jack into your iPhone 7

I can't believe anyone would fall for that.....Having said that years ago someone took a knife to their new iPhone to open the sim tray.

I remember that one. Lesson: If in doubt, ask the forum.
I seem to remember the person said Apple customer services advised them on that.....I could be remembering incorrectly but if so I doubt very much that would have been the case.

I remember that one. Lesson: If in doubt, ask the forum.
And, never, ever, attempt to disassemble anything without research - in this case, ifixit would have come in quite handy.

I learned my lesson years ago when I took apart a throw-away camera and accidentally touched the photo strobe capacitor, it sent a jolt of electricity through my body and I had burn marks on my finger for a week.

I've seen advice given for recapping amplifiers: Warning: this next bit can kill you.

Capacitors need treating with respect.

Didn't even put cloths on the vice jaws, or turn the iPhone off.
Hard to believe owners would fall for that load of ****

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

He was just being sarcastic. I cannot believe people would take this seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't have sound on, you mean someone was guiding people through the process, that's unreal [emoji3][emoji1][emoji3][emoji1]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.