What's new

So, you can't use facetime on 4G network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

Reaction score
Somehow I was under the impression I could use it anywhere. If I can only use it on WiFi, any talk of that changing to be usable anywhere on 4g?

Somehow I was under the impression I could use it anywhere. If I can only use it on WiFi, any talk of that changing to be usable anywhere on 4g?

The iPhone does not operate on any 4g signal. It's going to be awhile before networks are fast enough to run a decent video feed....

Engadget.com did a test using facetime over a MiFi connection- iPhone 4 FaceTime over a MiFi connection - and, long article short, it basically works as long as you're not trying to facetime internationally. So, will facetime work over a 3G connection? It seems to, but they were using Verizon's 3G. The comment above re: a 3G unrestrictor like My3G when we can Jailbreak should be interesting. I know when I hade my 3GS jailbroken and tethering with MyWi I got some pretty nice speeds, so I'm guessing ATT has the ability, at least where I am (north of San Fran).

it works a lot better on the wifi connection instead of 3g, i could not even download a file bigger then 20mb or watch online f1 with the 3g :/

im guessing that it more than likely will be capable on the verizon network when they have 4g set up everywhere. which i actually hope you can because that would be amazing to be able to walk down the street and be having video chat if not this iphone they will more than likely be working on one in the short run to be able to facetime anywhere so obviously its not impossible. so it will have to happen at some point.

im guessing that it more than likely will be capable on the verizon network when they have 4g set up everywhere. which i actually hope you can because that would be amazing to be able to walk down the street and be having video chat if not this iphone they will more than likely be working on one in the short run to be able to facetime anywhere so obviously its not impossible. so it will have to happen at some point.

I FaceTime over data connection all the time.

I can't believe Apple put a 4G icon on a device that does not support 4G data. Ridiculous.lol.

Last edited:
96magnumram said:
It's only on the AT&T phones, and AT&T considers any phone that runs an HSPA 14.4 connection 4G

Yes I know. It doesn't matter what or how fast HSPA is. It not 4G LTE plain and simple. It was wrong of then in my opinion.lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.