What's new

SMS (Text) to navigation app (For a first responder)

mlfca

Reaction score
I am looking for an app that will take and SMS with an address (CAD system) and open the maps program to show me that address (Navigate to it as well). I am a fire fighter/driver and I currently have an app on the android platform called "Red Alert Navigation" which is very helpful in locating an address quickly.

I am planning on purchasing and iPhone 4S tomorrow (Moving from an original droid) and I can't seem to find anything even remotely close.

Thanks

[h=1]This is the app on iphone that will take a step further what red alert navigation does on the android platform. Welcome to the iphone world, is the best.

Computer-Aided Dispatch App for iPhone, iPad
[/h][h=2]SafetyNet® Mobile connects Police, Fire and EMS to vital information everywhere using an advanced iPhone app which shows a real-time map of where they are in relation to the target premises and locations of hazards and other emergency units. Through maps and screens on their iPhone, the Police Officer or emergency operative is kept fully on-line at all times with key data located at the Emergency Dispatch Center, improving their "situational awareness" in the field. The system has an "Augmented Reality" function which allows the Police Officer to point to the premises with their Camera viewfinder and see the camera image overlaid with vital information about the inhabitants of the premises, hazards and the history of calls there. The Police Officer can "Scan" premises they are about to enter and "see behind the bricks" with the latest information from the Emergency Dispatch Center. The system is currently operational at two Police Departments in Northern California who have evaluated the system for 3 months and given it a strong thumbs up.
there is some aditional aps you may want like:
911 toolkit - firefighter, emt, hazmat reference, knot guide, hazref2008, scanner911, emedic, dropbox and to do's.
[/h]Hope this help you and congrats for your new iphone.

Thanks for the information. I think what I am looking for is much simpler. When I get a text for a fire call, it has the address included. The app I am using now (Red Alert Navigation) will show an icon that I click which will open Google maps and show the location (On the map). The app defaults to my town so Google maps will only look in my town. From maps I can then navigate from my current lotion to the call if I wish.

so red alert nmx is for you, is from the same developer company alpine that uses the android plataform, this app supports Iphone

So if I jailbreak my phone I will have better luck cause I can't find any of this stuff u all are talking about !!! I need this to help with response time !!!