What's new

GPS Navigation apps for Canada

Bluering

Reaction score
I am planning to travel to Vancouver by mid this year and I was looking for some GPS navigation apps for Canada. The Tom-tom is too expensive $52, and as I am going to be over there for only 26 days, I reckon it is too much. I have been looking at the following apps: iGO Primo North America and Navfree GPS Live Canada Navigation, has anyone got any experience with those apps? I am interested with maps that get installed on your phone instead of online maps to avoid hefty roaming data cost overseas.
Any advice is mostly welcomed.

Hi! And have you considered trying a gps app for your smartphone? I think it´s a really good alternative and I also think that Sygic is one of the best android navigation app at the market. I´ve been using it for half of a year now, and it really good (and easy to use!) and you can choose and download only the maps you need and want, so don´t worry you´ll have something you´ll never use...it won´t happen.. ;)

I have used sygic too for a short time on my 5s. It's free and off-line app (only need online to download maps in your iphone). However if you need turn-by-turn voice guide, you need pay for different area in the world (Canada $20?). If not, you can use it free anywhere just as visual gps navigator.