What's new

Six Reasons to Get Excited About the Next iPhone

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone 6s in production.JPG

With Apple’s next iPhone set to be more of a gentle refresh than an all-out reinvention, BGR reminds us that there’s still a lot to get excited about when the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus phone launches later this year. In fact there are six very good reasons why you should be counting down the days until the new phones are released.

Firstly, there’s Force Touch, which is the new technology that was first seen in the Apple Watch, and which enables your device to register different degrees of touch pressure and respond in different ways. For example, on the Apple Watch, you can tap normally on a notification to simply open an app, or if you press and hold the notification panel you can dismiss all notifications. It’s not yet known how Apple will use Force Touch technology in the next iPhones, but it’s bound to be interesting!

Next, there’s the improved camera, which is thought to now have a 12-megapixel unit, and with other quality enhancements making it as good as a DSLR.

Thirdly, there’s the all-new A9 processor, which is expected to use a 14nm process and have new architecture, plus better performance and less power consumption, a winning formula.

Fourth up we have the expected 2GB of RAM, which is double that of the current iPhones, and bound to have a massive impact on the new iPhones’ performance.

Fifth, there’s the fact that the phones are said to be made of stronger 7000-series aluminum, in order to prevent a repeat of bend-gate.

And last but not least, there’s the hope of increased battery life, courtesy of the aforementioned new A9 processor, certain iOS 9 features, and the new iOS low-power mode.

Source: iPhone 6s Specs Top features coming to iPhone 6s iPhone 6s Plus BGR

I'm certainly getting excited, Can't wait, As well as all the reasons mentioned above I'm looking forward to the bigger screen of the plus model.

I'm excited too, I may even upgrade to the Plus model this time. Still love my iPhone 6 :)

Took you guys only a little over half a year to decide maybe you could handle that giant plus! Lol. Just remember, first week or two you second guess the decision. Never think of it again until you see yours next to a 4,5, or 6.

Took you guys only a little over half a year to decide maybe you could handle that giant plus! Lol. Just remember, first week or two you second guess the decision. Never think of it again until you see yours next to a 4,5, or 6.
Nah, I always go into an Apple Store and compare model sizes before I even think about purchasing anything. :)

With Apple’s next iPhone set to be more of a gentle refresh than an all-out reinvention, BGR reminds us that there’s still a lot to get excited about when the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus phone launches later this year. In fact there are six very good reasons why you should be counting down the days until the new phones are released.

Firstly, there’s Force Touch, which is the new technology that was first seen in the Apple Watch, and which enables your device to register different degrees of touch pressure and respond in different ways. For example, on the Apple Watch, you can tap normally on a notification to simply open an app, or if you press and hold the notification panel you can dismiss all notifications. It’s not yet known how Apple will use Force Touch technology in the next iPhones, but it’s bound to be interesting!

Next, there’s the improved camera, which is thought to now have a 12-megapixel unit, and with other quality enhancements making it as good as a DSLR.

Thirdly, there’s the all-new A9 processor, which is expected to use a 14nm process and have new architecture, plus better performance and less power consumption, a winning formula.

Fourth up we have the expected 2GB of RAM, which is double that of the current iPhones, and bound to have a massive impact on the new iPhones’ performance.

Fifth, there’s the fact that the phones are said to be made of stronger 7000-series aluminum, in order to prevent a repeat of bend-gate.

And last but not least, there’s the hope of increased battery life, courtesy of the aforementioned new A9 processor, certain iOS 9 features, and the new iOS low-power mode.

Source: iPhone 6s Specs Top features coming to iPhone 6s iPhone 6s Plus BGR
Wait, force touch? On an iPhone? That may take some getting used to.

One thing to consider about the rumoured 12MP camera on the new iPhones is that in bright light photography the results will approach those of a modern DSLR, but at low light levels the DSLR will always be way ahead in quality. This is a built in limitation of all phone cameras, with their relatively tiny apertures and sensor chips. Both cameras may use an aperture of f2, for example, but the f2 DSLR lens will allow much more light to reach its much larger sensor.

Nah, I always go into an Apple Store and compare model sizes before I even think about purchasing anything. :)
Every time I go into town I pop in the phone shop and look at the iPhone 6 models, I pick up the plus to see how comfortable it is for my hand, I have long fingers so I'm guessing I should be OK with the plus.