What's new

Siri thinks I am talking to her but I am not

bear7962

Reaction score
Siri and I have always had a bit of a contentious relationship and I have noticed she periodically thinks I am talking to her when I am not. Last night I fell asleep with the TV on as white noise. 3am Siri started talking. Which woke me up in a panic as I was not expecting to hear a strange voice. So now I have another standard feature to turn off.
I understand they were trying to compete with "okay Google" but it only works when the phone is plugged in, so it's disappointing. Ah well.

Claire101

Reaction score
LoL sounds a little funny but disappointing as well. I am glad you were able to turn it off. What features did you use by the way?

OP
B

bear7962

Reaction score
Settings>General>Siri>allow Hey Siri. I toggled it off.

DaveM

Reaction score
Funny about the timing for this post. I just had this happen to me this morning. I had my phone charging on my desk beside me as I was watching a video that had been referred to in another post on this forum. It was a radio talk show, just two male voices. About 20 minutes in, suddenly Siri popped to life, responding to something it had heard in that video. Since I never use that function I decided to disable it too. Never had it happen before that I'm aware of.

Jenni122701

Reaction score
Wow its a good thing 'Hey Siri' can be toggled off. I would def be a lil bit shocked if I heard her out of the blue. Lol! Maybe Siri was lonely? Haha!

Sent from my beautiful, gold iPhone 5S via TapaTalk.

OP
B

bear7962

Reaction score
Wow its a good thing 'Hey Siri' can be toggled off. I would def be a lil bit shocked if I heard her out of the blue. Lol! Maybe Siri was lonely? Haha!

Sent from my beautiful, gold iPhone 5S via TapaTalk.
Siri needs to reach out at a better time than 3am if she wants to make friends. It's a good thing for my heart that I still have her as a female voice.

spencerdl

Reaction score
LOL, and I thought I was the only one. Just the other night out of no where Siri said to me "I didn't get that"....I looked around because I thought someone was in the room with me....LOL

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had it happen to me once when I was in bed listening to an audio book. Some combination of sounds must have sounded like Hey Siri.

Nancybout

Reaction score
Happened while I was on GPS mode driving!
Siri said ""so and so's father was comforting" what! LOL we was talking and she repeated it

Most reactions

Latest posts