What's new

siri not responding

zip255

Reaction score
Again since last night Siri will only say , I'm sorry I'm having problems.please try again in a little while. Is this happening to anyone else right now?

Sometimes that happens for me, but when the siri server is down. I guess wait a little but longer and try it. Try to ask it simple things like set your alarm or something that doesnt require it to search for things online. As of right now mine works perfectly.

Had this problem for few minutes today .. now i have another problem !

Ask again and Siri responds but if you wait it will tell you to ask later ??

It finally started working.... Not sure what the deal was, I'm new to the apple thing. Got an ipad2 and iPhone 4s and I'm never looking back!

zip255 said:
It finally started working.... Not sure what the deal was, I'm new to the apple thing. Got an ipad2 and iPhone 4s and I'm never looking back!

Siri won't do a thing for me, exactly the same as you had. It's been down for 3 days now, with repeated attempts at using it, it's doing my head in. I WAS using it for work with fantastic results along with my iPad 2 and like you, I'll never look back, but this is not am good start too my Apple experience?

zip 255 and pjklondon you guys have the 5.0.1 os ?

Ok I got it I shut my router off then back on and it worked.

zip255 said:
Ok I got it I shut my router off then back on and it worked.

There's a router on the phone? Forgive my ignorance but how do I turn it off?

I have an appointment booked at an Apple store tomorrow afternoon before an important meeting so a quick response from ANYONE on this would be very much appreciated. I can't stay in the store more than an hour and would rather spend that hour prepping for the meeting tbh.

TIA.

Last edited:
OK, what's going on now then lol...

Before Siri stopped working the battery life was amazing, even with EVERYTHING being used on and off throughout the day. The day before I was about to take it to an Apple store for some answers, Siri started working again. But now the battery life is abysmal! I've not touched any of the settings as I wanted Apple to see it as is. This phone is starting to become a lot more hassle than I'd bargained for, glad I kept my Desire HD, as good as Siri is, when working, the 4s is very close to being returned.

Sorry for the late response , yes I have the 5.0.1