What's new

Siri and Directions

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I keep forgetting to post this question, but I encountered the same issue today and want to know what is wrong. I had an appointment north of my home this morning. I have been to that location a couple of times before, but it has been a year since I was there, so I asked Siri "Navigate to XXXX" and spoke the full address including city, state, and zip. Siri responded by pulling up a map just like the last few times, but Siri did not speak any directions to me during the drive to my destination. I rely on Siri telling me step by step directions as I drive so that I can keep my eyes on the road. The icon was on for roaming Internet. Why did not Siri tell me directions? I really must fix this, but I cannot figure out what, if anything, I am doing wrong. I did things the exact same way with my 5s, and Siri would tell me directions to any destination from wherever I was at the moment.

Help! Thanks. :)

When Siri brings up the Map, you need to tap GO to start receiving the directions aloud.

Thank you, carolineM. I never knew that! I do not recall ever doing that with my 5s. I used to just ask Siri to navigate to the desired address, and he would start telling me the directions as I drove alone.