What's new

Siri & Navagation

pyrows666

Reaction score
So i noticed that when i ask Siri to direct me to a certain place, and opens Maps, it provides directions but does not do voice guide me though the directions. I downloaded map quest and well, It gives me, Voice directions, but... I wish there was a Setting in Siri that would allow me to use Map quest as a default app, so that it would Tell me where to Turn, instead of pushing the next button for the next instruction for directions. I dont mind that i have to manually input on map quest, but at the same time i wish Siri would give me some voice guided Directions.

Does Anyone know a way around this.

The best technology till now. As it gives you all the answers that you will ask her, but the bad thing is that it need internet.

You would have to make a SiriProxy plugin to do that and I imagine it would be quite difficult. Siri only supports the default maps app because it is the only navigation app that Apple officially supports.

But is it truly a navigation app? To me google maps is just that a map. Google Navigation is awesome in the Android world, but has not been brought over here to IOS land.

Try Waze Navigation.

Apple will not let us change any apps to the default app.