What's new

simcard failure because of updating IOS5.1

rienzkie

Reaction score
i update my iphone gevey unlock baseband 3.10.01 IOS4.2.1 . I update my IOS4.2.1 to IOS5.1 then after updating my OS its not able to used because of simcard failure and the another problem is i dont know what is the original carrier of my phone

Attachments

• $error.jpg
    $error.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:
when i buy my phone into my friend its only unit and charger and already jailbroken and unlock via gevey so i dont have any idea about my phone so what can i do"??? pls help me

Last edited by a moderator:
What you've done when updating your iOS version... you've also updated your Baseband. Effectively relocking your iPhone and making it to where it won't work w/ the Gevey sim Interposer. Go into your Settings>General>About... and tell us what's next to "Version" and "Modem Firmware" please.

What you've done when updating your iOS version... you've also updated your Baseband. Effectively relocking your iPhone and making it to where it won't work w/ the Gevey sim Interposer. Go into your Settings>General>About... and tell us what's next to "Version" and "Modem Firmware" please.
sir but icant go to settings. because of error of carrier so what can i do?

Oh ok... I see. Let me direct another member of our staff over here and see if he can't get you pointed out right. I know there's a way to "Hactivate" your way past the sim error... just not 100% how.

okay sir il wait your reply i hope my phone will fix soon =(( thanks for response sir.

Unfortunately since you updated to 5.1 you also update your baseband to one which is not compatible with Gevey as Thomasjtsi stated. However, if you want to double-check you can jailbreak with Redsn0w to bypass the activation screen.

sir i already jailbreak it via redsnow now.......how to unlock my phone?

rienzkie said:
sir i already jailbreak it via redsnow now.......how to unlock my phone?

You should try making a 5.1.1 iPSW with Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 from here ih8sn0w.com.

Make sure to choose "Activate iPhone(Hactivation) in Sn0wbreeze's options.

This will bypass the lock so you can access the SpringBoard.

but sir before i update my phone its already unlock via gevey and after upadting my OS5.1.... my baseband 3.10.01 change in 4.12.01.

still possible to use my phone as phone not a itouch? thanks for response sir