What's new

Sim failure

marlin39a

Reaction score
I've had my 16 gb 6s for 2 weeks. I've got 3 messages that tell me "sim failure". I have to restart the iPhone to clear it. I don't overwork the phone, and it's not my first iPhone. I've had the 4, 5s, and never had this. Should I return to the Verizon store and demand a replacement?

Did you restart your phone to see if it cleared It?
You don't need to replace your phone, You might however need a new sim card. Try a hard reset first, Hold down your on/off and Home button until the apple appears then let go, See if that helps.

Shutting it off and turning back on clears it. Never had this problem before with other iPhones. iPhone is 2 weeks old. I guess I'll head back to Verizon on Monday

Shutting it off and turning back on clears it. Never had this problem before with other iPhones. iPhone is 2 weeks old. I guess I'll head back to Verizon on Monday
Let us know the outcome.

After talking with Apple Support I was informed they have "some open cases" of this complaint. I contacted Verizon. They ran a diagnostic program on my phone. They concluded the phone was good, but it did have a bad sim. They are sending me a new sim. I will install and set phone up again. I hope it restores my confidence with this phone.

After talking with Apple Support I was informed they have "some open cases" of this complaint. I contacted Verizon. They ran a diagnostic program on my phone. They concluded the phone was good, but it did have a bad sim. They are sending me a new sim. I will install and set phone up again. I hope it restores my confidence with this phone.
I'm sure it will be fine with a new sim, You shouldn't have any more issues after that.
Let us know how it goes.