What's new

Severe battery drain with ios 6.0.1

Primetime

Reaction score
I'm experiencing massive battery drain on iOS 6.0.1 it's not just me either. I've been on Mac forums and other sites with many others having the same issue with the new iOS. I grow tiresome of these issues constantly being a thorn in my side with apple. Anyone else having these issues my battery is draining at rapid speeds even on standby. I've done all the tricks and know how to conserve battery with various things turned off and what not. Still doesnt matter.

As an example. It will drain 15% in 15 mins of just scrolling thru twitter or Facebook. That is way too much. On ios6 it only drained less then half of that. At the same usage. You can imagine how much it drains when you're actually talking on the phone and anything else. This is a big problem.

As an example. It will drain 15% in 15 mins of just scrolling thru twitter or Facebook. That is way too much. On ios6 it only drained less then half of that. At the same usage. You can imagine how much it drains when you're actually talking on the phone and anything else. This is a big problem.

Try a restore to see if that fixes it. In some cases, it might, sometimes it won't.

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did you do a hard reset, "Home" button and "Power" button for at least 10 sec until you see the Apple Icon, after you updated? If not try it. My iPhone 5 on iOS 6.01 last as long as it did on iOS 6.0.0, which is about 3 days.

Yes I should clarify. I've tried all resets. Hard. Tried restored from back up everything. It works a little Better but then after a few hours and after a full charge it still drains massively fast. About almost 35% faster then it did with iOS 6. It's a widespread issue apparently among ppl who updated their 4S

I have a new iPhone5 with 6.01 (never ran it under 6.0) and the battery drain certainly seems excessive to me. It's certainly worse than my iPhone4. I am a very, very light user. My normal day is 3 or 4 phone calls, checking my email about 4 times a day, and maybe a couple of Google searches. That's it - really. I have virtually everthing shut off - location services, WiFi, Siri, bluetooth, etc. I kill any apps after use, I never stream video or music, don't use any social features... you get the picture. But starting a day at 100% charged it will drain to 20 or 30% by the end of the day. Is there really that much going on in the 5 to drain the battery 70% just to keep it lit? I tried a restore and that didn't help. I tried an Apple "genius" but that didn't help. They offered me a new phone, but with no encouragement that it would be any better. I declined. I'd just like to know if this is normal, and if so, I can probably live with it. I really like iPhones, but if there's a fix I'd sure like to know about it.

Thanks hookbill. That's all I really needed to know. If that's normal, I can live with it. When Morphe or someone puts out a battery pack for the 5, I'll get one for those few times a may need it for apps like GPS.

The title of this thread should be, "Here we go again, another discussion about battery usage."

OP, try doing this: Run the battery down to 10% and then give it a full charge. Maybe the OS needs to be calibrated and you may get improved battery life.

jen2440 - sounds like you use yours like I use mine. I consider it wonderful to be able to go a full day without recharging. After using Android phones that need a boost every 6 hours I think the battery life is just great. You may try the same suggestion I gave the OP though, it won't hurt.

Why does this issue come up often?

Manually killing apps contributes to battery drain. Let the system manage things and you'll see your battery life improve. I'm on an iPhone 4S for 8 months now and my battery is lasting over 24 hours with moderate use.

Try to replace a phone with new one or wait for the new update with bug fixed.