Editor in Chief
- Jul 27, 2011
- Reaction score
Even though Apple's iOS 9 is easily one of their most impressive iOS advancements yet, that doesn't mean it isn't without its share of quirks. In fact, there are a few features that really need to be improved, and a few that are simply missing but should be implemented. We came up with 7 different features/functions that are either annoying or missing and we wish Apple would take note of this.
Here they are:
- Changing Wallpapers is still tedious - it's kind of a pain that you have to manually go into to the settings menu just to change out the wallpaper. Perhaps if Apple would add a way to do that from the main screen by holding down on the background, we wouldn't have a reason to complain.
- Live Photos are hard to identify - one of iOS' coolest new features is the Live Photos. Unfortunately, it's really tough to differentiate them from the other pics. We would love to see some tag symbol that makes it easy to figure out which of your photos in the gallery are Live Photos.
- Clearing notifications is overly complex - it seems strange that you have to double-tap each and every notification, and there is no "clear all" option for them. This makes dealing with notifications a bit of a hassle and could be easily improved.
- Switching between video modes is a pain - in this day and age, why couldn't Apple have included a simple way to switch between 1080p video recording and 4K video recording without having to go deep into the settings menu. There should be a simple button/icon to tap from within the video app that tackles that on the fly.
- Still required to sync up with iTunes to drag and drop files to the iPhone - this one isn't that big of a deal, but it's simply overly complex and time consuming as there is no way to simply drag and drop files to the iPhone without syncing into iTunes first
- There's no way to fast-type numbers or punctuation on the keyboard - this one has us scratching our head. Apple has stuck to the same basic keyboard for far too long, and it's really silly that there is no numbers row, and no shortcuts to the number keys. Also, it's really a pain to find the asterisk: *.
- No ability to freely rearrange icons on the desktop - this one has no excuse. There's simply no reason why this functionality couldn't be baked in as it would be simple and painless to program in.