What's new

Seriously Need Help With My Iphone

jlau58

Reaction score
Currently my iphone is running on version 5.0.1 on At&t carrier and it is jailbroken with redsn0w i believe (not sure, did this a while ago). Never had any problems with my phone until a month ago. I can't use any sort of data unless i am connected to wifi. Can't access visual voicemail, i have to listen to them the old fashioned way. Imessage only works on wifi, and apparently everyone i send Imessages to say that it comes from my email (so i just leave my wifi off when i'm texting)

Also, my phone is cracked both front and back, pieces are starting to come off (don't really know if the exterior matters)

Any type of help is really appreciated, thanks

Not sure why you've suddenly started having issues. Almost sounds like you've turned off your 3G toggle in 'Settings.' Either way... I'd go ahead and update to iOS 5.1.1 via iTunes. As well... the redsn0w JB is fully updated to work w/ 5.1.1 too.

Go to messages and sign out of your apple ID for your iMessage and it will use your phone number again.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iPF.net

I would update my phone, but i've tried several times and have failed every time... It says that i don't have the firmware needed to update my phone? it also says this when i try to restore to factory settings or reset my phone entirely.

Go to messages and sign out of your apple ID for your iMessage and it will use your phone number again.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iPF.net

Tried that, didn't work, everyone still receives my messages from my email...i appreciate the advice though!