What's new

Sending message to companies online iPhone 11.3

dvtrv

Reaction score
When I send enquiry online to a company, my old email address gets responded to.

How can I make it so they see it as me sending an enquiry from my current email address?

I’ve set up my iTunes, iCloud etc using my current, new email address.

Can anyone advise how I can set up my iPhone to use my new email address rather than my old email address.

Thank you

Under mail in settings there’s no sign of “default”.

I’ve got latest iOS 11.3.1

It’s the last setting under Composing.

Under composing I have;

Always bcc myself
Mark addresses
Increase quote level
Signature

There’s no default

Did you send a query since removing the old email? As there’s no other email account set up any more, the iPhone should use the new account only.

Are you using the standard mail app or another, e.g. outlook? I recall a similar problem I had when my old isp gave up and I changed to a new one. Something, and it was either outlook on a pc or the ipad mail app, kept remembering my old email address even though I had deleted the old account and seemingly removed all trace.

Try creating a new email. Where the ‘cc/bcc, from’ is shown on the blank email, tap on the email address and see if it brings up a list of available alternatives. If your old email address is listed there, delete it.

I hope this helps.

Did you send a query since removing the old email? As there’s no other email account set up any more, the iPhone should use the new account only.

I’ve not sent a message, online email since having to change my email.

I’ll see how it is next time I send an online message.

Thank you so much for your assistance so far.

Also, under the Setting Accounts and Passwords have you deleted the old email account?

Last edited:
Also, under the Setting Accounts and Passwords have you deleted the old email account?

I’m using my iPhone with regards to my email query.

In Accounts and Passwords then yes I have.

Another thought is that perhaps the problem is at the companies’ end and not on your iPhone.

To test this thought, simply send yourself an email from your iPhone to your iPhone email address. If it arrives, you are sending out the correct email address; if it does not arrive, then you may need to look at your log in preferences with the company, or contact their IT.

Correct the last sentence, in that I got the test reversed. If it does not arrive back, then the problem is on your iPhone sending out the incorrect email address. If it does arrive back, then the problem is not with you.

Correct the last sentence, in that I got the test reversed. If it does not arrive back, then the problem is on your iPhone sending out the incorrect email address. If it does arrive back, then the problem is not with you.
I’ll see how it is next time I send an online message.