What's new

Send caller id keeps switching off and vibrate won't turn off

Marie86

Reaction score
i have the 6s and the caller id keeps switching itself off by itself. Also the in app vibrate doesn't work. It will let me switch it on and off but won't not vibrate mainly on whats app when I receive message.

In the Whatsapp app, in Settings - Notifications, there's the option to reset notification settings:
image.png

(Red, at the bottom)

Use this reset and set up your notification settings once more. If that doesn't help, remove the app from your device and reinstall it, then set up your notifications again.

To resolve the problem with your caller ID:

Reset your iPhone - press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously, until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, your device will power up on it's own.

Reset all Settings: go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings. This will set back all your settings to default, and you'll have to look at everything again, to choose what you prefer.

Resetting all settings could also help with your problem with vibration.

Restore your iPhone. Make sure there's a most recent backup (iCloud or iTunes), and restore your device via iTunes. Restore from the backup afterwards.
If restoring from the backup reproduces the same problem, set up your device as new.

If all this doesn't help, contact your carrier. The reason of your issue could also be a fault on their part.