What's new

Sell me on the Iphone over Droid X

Pravius

Reaction score
Simply put for those that are current Iphone users. Let me give you a little background on who I am and what I am looking for. I work in the IT field as a System Administrator so I am pretty well versed when it comes to technology. I love google and I still love my Droid X, however just recently I have been turned onto Apple products.

I used to be an Apple hater honestly. I never understood why Apple thought their products were so much better than everyone else. Never understood why MAC's with their same hardware are so much more expensive than a comparable PC. Then I bought a Macbook. I purchased it mainly so that I could learn MAC OS so that I could start supporting my business (own a small computer repair company) customers who use MAC's in their environment. I love it now. The quality of the build, the OS and it's lack of issues, it's just an overall smooth and pleasant experience to work on a MAC for me.

Anyway it may not make sense for me to purchase an Iphone over keeping my Droid but would like some contributions from the community who has experience, why someone like me would benefit from having an Iphone as opposed to the Droid X.

Thanks!

Comparing the iphone to the Droid X to me is like comparing apples to oranges, you should keep the Droid if it does what you require and are happy with it. Both of these phones are outstanding and are close rivals in what a smart phone can provide.

Having many Apple products over the years, and being very happy with them because of their performance and the apple support that comes with them, I would have one now but AT&T was the downer for me having been a prior customer(unhappy one).

I think you should keep the Droid if it provides what you need in a phone and are happy with it and not jump on the iphone band wagon just because.....

Comparing the iphone to the Droid X to me is like comparing apples to oranges, you should keep the Droid if it does what you require and are happy with it. Both of these phones are outstanding and are close rivals in what a smart phone can provide.

Having many Apple products over the years, and being very happy with them because of their performance and the apple support that comes with them, I would have one now but AT&T was the downer for me having been a prior customer(unhappy one).

I think you should keep the Droid if it provides what you need in a phone and are happy with it and not jump on the iphone band wagon just because.....

^ good answer.

I agree I suggest using them both and playing with them as much as possible.

I could be wrong here but in your post you related pc vs. mac issues...I believe this is kinda in the same realm of things.

Android allows Verizon and other networks it works with to install "bloat" ware onto their phones and that in it's self can or will eventually cause problems with some users and Apple (my understanding) will not be allowing any or at least not as much "bloat" ware to be installed.

Like I said...I could be wrong but my thinking is Apple runs a cleaner os in any form.

Cya

I could be wrong here but in your post you related pc vs. mac issues...I believe this is kinda in the same realm of things.

Android allows Verizon and other networks it works with to install "bloat" ware onto their phones and that in it's self can or will eventually cause problems with some users and Apple (my understanding) will not be allowing any or at least not as much "bloat" ware to be installed.

Like I said...I could be wrong but my thinking is Apple runs a cleaner os in any form.

Cya

You are right about android and bloatware....I for one am sick of the bloat.

Cya

I am sick of it as well which is one of the reasons i am switching to the iPhone. Apple just provides a much more simple and clean experience than what you get on Android.

Cya

I am sick of it as well which is one of the reasons i am switching to the iPhone. Apple just provides a much more simple and clean experience than what you get on Android.

Sadly the bloatware could get worse. First the droid 1 had just the amazon pe and vvm app that we all hated but learned to put up with, now we have 2 lines of useless bloat apps. The more room they have the more junk they put on it. I am almost hesitant to get a droid bionic because I know they gonna bloat it up.

iOS is just so much smoother than android I believe. I do love the big screen on the Droid X but can't compare to the Retina display on the iPhone. Both phones are gonna have their pros and cons. But if you're happy with what you have than that's what's important. But things like Netflix and video Skype are great apps available for IPhones.

Cya
I disagree. Apple has just as much crap apps as Droid. My Droid X had a bunch of crap like City ID, Blockbuster, Amazon, etc.

Conversely, Apple has Stocks, voice memos, compass, etc. And also it has iPod as well. I don't ever use my phone as a music device. EVER. Yet it still has it and you can't remove icons unless you jailbreak it, which I will be doing.

iOS is just so much smoother than android I believe. I do love the big screen on the Droid X but can't compare to the Retina display on the iPhone. Both phones are gonna have their pros and cons. But if you're happy with what you have than that's what's important. But things like Netflix and video Skype are great apps available for IPhones.
This is why I am switching. Despite loving and having Android devices for over 3 years now, the iOS is still a little smoother. There are definitely some things I'm going to miss, though.

I have had a droid x and now have an iPhone. The biggest reason to ditch the droid is the motoblur interface that motrola installed over android. Terrible! the droid does indeed have a 1 GHz processor but mine lagged so much it was ridiculous. The larger real estate on the screen is the ONLY reason to keep the dx (IMO). The apple iOS is very smooth and everything just seems to work. The only android devices that can be compared are htc's sense UI. I really enjoyed my droid incredible except for poor battery performance and multiple blown speakers. You will however miss the tons of free apps in the marketplace that apple charges for.

Simply put for those that are current Iphone users. Let me give you a little background on who I am and what I am looking for. I work in the IT field as a System Administrator so I am pretty well versed when it comes to technology. I love google and I still love my Droid X, however just recently I have been turned onto Apple products.

I used to be an Apple hater honestly. I never understood why Apple thought their products were so much better than everyone else. Never understood why MAC's with their same hardware are so much more expensive than a comparable PC. Then I bought a Macbook. I purchased it mainly so that I could learn MAC OS so that I could start supporting my business (own a small computer repair company) customers who use MAC's in their environment. I love it now. The quality of the build, the OS and it's lack of issues, it's just an overall smooth and pleasant experience to work on a MAC for me.

Anyway it may not make sense for me to purchase an Iphone over keeping my Droid but would like some contributions from the community who has experience, why someone like me would benefit from having an Iphone as opposed to the Droid X.

Thanks!

Being that you have a high end Droid it makes less sense to rid of it for the Iphone 4 if you're happy about it. The hardware is similar and you'll get a similar experience from both devices. However, maybe you'll like the interface on the Iphone better. You're best bet is to go to an Apple store and ask to play with one. There is nothing worse than getting a new phone in the mail and hating the way it works just because you didn't try it out first. Just my two cents.

Cya
I disagree. Apple has just as much crap apps as Droid. My Droid X had a bunch of crap like City ID, Blockbuster, Amazon, etc.

Conversely, Apple has Stocks, voice memos, compass, etc. And also it has iPod as well. I don't ever use my phone as a music device. EVER. Yet it still has it and you can't remove icons unless you jailbreak it, which I will be doing.

This is why I am switching. Despite loving and having Android devices for over 3 years now, the iOS is still a little smoother. There are definitely some things I'm going to miss, though.

Those are good points Matt. Not being an apple user yet I didn't even think about the automatic bloatware that apple would also include in their os.

I guess if I'm going to make a good comparison I need to get all the "BLOAT" on the table first.

Thanks again for setting me straight.

Cya