What's new

Selective Restore iPhone 4S possible?

elite001

Reaction score
Hi,

Have read some of the stickies, but need some direct confirmation is this is possible;

My 4S is currently running ios 5.0.1, and I have saved every single blob from ios 5.0.0 up to 6.1.3.
And I know apple is currently assigning 6.1.3 for iPhone 4S.

Is it possible for me to restore my 4S to 5.1.1 (again I have the shsh blob saved for 5.1.1, and my 4S is currently running at ios 5.0.1)

Thanks in advance...

Hi, Have read some of the stickies, but need some direct confirmation is this is possible; My 4S is currently running ios 5.0.1, and I have saved every single blob from ios 5.0.0 up to 6.1.3. And I know apple is currently assigning 6.1.3 for iPhone 4S. Is it possible for me to restore my 4S to 5.1.1 (again I have the shsh blob saved for 5.1.1, and my 4S is currently running at ios 5.0.1) Thanks in advance...
You can't selectively restore your iPhone. If you restore, you will end up on iOS 7.0.2. Apple is NOT signing iOS 6.1.3 for the iPhone 4S or any other device capable of running on iOS 7.

@scifan57 is right, you can't restore iPhone 4S even if you have your shsh blobs saved.

The method of selective restore with blobs is possible only with the iPhone 4.

But why based on here

i
t says:
Can I downgrade/re-restore/selectively restore my iPhone 4S on iOS 5 to iOS 5:

YES. You must have functional SHSH blobs that also have working/valid APTickets. Use RedSn0w's restore feature to do so.

The method of re-restoring from one version of iOS 5 to another version of iOS 5 using RedSn0w is at your own risk. In the cases I've tried, some have worked, and some have not. You can opt for this choice of restore, but this is at your own risk. If you want to undergo this risk, do NOT come back with complaints on iOS 7.

The method of re-restoring from one version of iOS 5 to another version of iOS 5 using RedSn0w is at your own risk. In the cases I've tried, some have worked, and some have not. You can opt for this choice of restore, but this is at your own risk. If you want to undergo this risk, do NOT come back with complaints on iOS 7.

so it's basically doable but success rate is low?
do you happen to know what sort of things that the people that have done it successfully may have in their iPhone different from the people that has failed to do the restore? perhaps something like different specs or maybe baseband or anything like that? or selective restore from which ios 5 to which other ios 5 that has more success rate? or anything like that?

N.B. perhaps when someone decided to get into jailbreaking at the first place, that person has informally agreed to those anything that may have resulting to any of his/her iphone may ended up into at his/her own risk.

Last edited:
Finally got the gut to try this out as my original 5.0.1 start acting weird...
But for anyone who has the same situation as I do and wanting to upgrade/downgrade their iOS but not willing to to ios 6 or 7, I tell you what...

It CAN BE DONE EASILY!

Just use redsnow... The most important thing you will need to have:
1. 2 Shsh blobs (your current iOS' and the one you wanna upgrade/downgrade too, in my case 5.0.1 and 5.1.1, as I wanna upgrade my iOS from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1)

2. 2 ipsw files (again, in my case is 5.0.1 and 5.1.1)

With the 4 files you have above, redsnow will do the rest beautifully. Peace of cake...

Note: if you wanna restore to the same iOS, then only 1 shsh with 1 ipsw needed (meaning: both you your current and wanna be shsh and ipsw iOS are actually the same)

Good luck! Gosh so happy to have clean install 5.1.1 so fast and feels so light...

What device did you do this on? Because the only device that can be upgraded/downgraded at will is the iPhone 4.

All other iDevices cannot use SHSH blobs to upgrade/downgrade/restore to any iOS other than the current, actively signed iOS (which is iOS 7.1.2 at this writing).

Marilyn

iPhone 4S.
Well, I guess you're wrong.

I just upgraded my 4S from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1

Note: unless your 4S is currently running iOS >5.1.1 then you are out of luck too...

Last edited: