What's new

Second Reported Case of iPhone User Being Electrocuted in China

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
2607-iphone-4s.JPG

AppleInsider reports on another very disturbing story from China today regarding an apparent electrocution of an iPhone user who was charging their phone. According to the original report in the Beijing Evening News, 30-year-old Wu Jian Tong was “suddenly shocked” when he plugged in his iPhone 4 to a counterfeit, third-party charger. Wu’s sister told the paper that she witnessed her brother getting shocked, and tried to unplug the iPhone 4, adding, “I then felt needle-like pains on my fingertips. The current was running from my finger, through to my arm and body, and to the foot.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Wu was initially found to be not breathing by the medical team that attended to him, but after being given CPR he was revived and then taken to hospital, where his condition is now stable, although he is in a coma due to severe oxygen starvation to the brain. His doctors said that there was “do doubt” that Wu had received an electric shock. Interestingly, as AppleInsider points out, the Chinese woman who died as a result of receiving a shock from an iPhone while she was charging it was also using an iPhone 4 and a third-party, non-official adaptor. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Chinese man allegedly electrocuted by iPhone 4 and third-party adapter

i always recommend members to use official Apple cables when asked,it's just not worth the risk to your person or your expensive devices.

Yeah I hate to make a presumption, but I wonder if some 3rd party group recently put out a line of faulty chargers...

Cheap regulators that are not clamping the line amperage/voltage. Really cheap to make. Deadly when they fail.

Has there been a reported case of the electrocution of someone using a genuine Apple charger and cable?