What's new

Next iPhone Will Be a “True World Phone” With China Mobile’s Backing

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
4380-iphone-4s-picture.JPG

AppleInsider reports that according to Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu, Apple’s next iPhone, which is due to launch in October, will have the benefit of being able to run on China Mobile’s 3G network, and will thus be a “true world phone.” Wu says that he has heard from his sources in Apple’s supply chain that support for China Mobile’s TD-SCDMA 3G network will most definitely be a feature of the next iPhone, a wise move by Apple, as China Mobile is the world’s biggest cellular carrier, with over 650 million subscribers. As far as 4G LTE is concerned, Wu says that he thinks that despite various 4G network trials currently taking place in China, the adoption of LTE on a wide scale will not happen in the country for another two to three years. For this reason, Wu says that 3G support is very necessary, “critical,” even, if the next iPhone is to be successful on China Mobile. Wu notes that iOS 6 also has enhanced support for Chinese-speakers, including having Siri being able to comprehend and speak Mandarin and Cantonese. iOS 6 is also set to offer more integration with Chinese internet services such as Baidu and Sina Weibo.

Source: China Mobile support likely to make Apple's next iPhone a 'true world phone'

Impressive move. Waiting firmly for the new iPhone and for the new iOS then.

bab2010 said:
Impressive move. Waiting firmly for the new iPhone and for the new iOS then.

What about ms's wp8?? Pretty enticing, I say. Only if the hardware itself is good thought.

Adyhooper said:
That's impressive. I guess Apple is on fire now for taking revenge from samsung, I am damn excited about Its new release. I wish they release iphone5 as soon as possible, I want to see it's latest features and it's design. Apple every time reinvent Its design, I was wondering what would be its next insanely great design.

Except the iPhone 3G>3GS and 4>4S