What's new

Screenshot iOS 10

Same. I thought my iPad was either 2nd or 3rd generation, since it doesn't have the Lightning port compared to the 4th generation.
The iPad 3 had a Retina display, the iPad 2 did not. If you can see the pixels on the screen, you have an iPad 2; if not, it's the iPad 3.

Well, it has the black area on the top of it, so I guess it's an iPad 3.
If you mean the black plastic area at the top of the back and top of the case, that's the cover for the cellular antenna and is also present on the cellular version of the iPad 2.

If you mean the black plastic area at the top of the back and top of the case, that's the cover for the cellular antenna and is also present on the cellular version of the iPad 2.

Oh. :(

I'm not exactly sure if it's an iPad 2 or 3. But I know that it's not an iPad 1 obviously.

Well, I tested out to see if it had Siri, and it did. So I guess it's an iPad 3.
You can find out exactly which iPad you have by checking the back cover and comparing the model number with Apple's support page (check the 3rd list item in each iPad listing): Identify your iPad model

The iPad 3rd gen should be listed as:
  • Model number (on the back cover):
    A1416 on the iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi
    A1430 on the iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular
    A1403 on the iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ)

You can find out exactly which iPad you have by checking the back cover and comparing the model number with Apple's support page (check the 3rd list item in each iPad listing): Identify your iPad model

I tried to do that when I wondered why my iPad wasn't upgrading to iOS 10. I then realized that it was only for iPad 4 models, which had the Lightning port instead of the original wide port.

I tried to do that when I wondered why my iPad wasn't upgrading to iOS 10. I then realized that it was only for iPad 4 models, which had the Lightning port instead of the original wide port.
The link I posted lists all iPads.. going back to the first generation. Perhaps try that link again.