What's new

Iphone 3gs won't turn on!

kurt1992

Reaction score
So guys i got an iphone 3gs with iOS 6.0 its everything fine and works fine but...when press the power button and don't use it for a while and then i press the power button to use the iphone it stays black! the screen won't turn on. so i have to press the power and home button for 10 seconds then release home button to switch on. and its annoying because every time i don't use it for like 15 mins it keeps on doing it :S! any help if its a hardware problem or a software ? Thanks

Welcome to iPF.

Try doing a full restore again. iOS 6 does have a few annoying bugs here and there, some can temporarily be fixed by restoring.

is there a fix for it ? im restoring it. any idea ho i downgrade to 5.1.1 with itunes?

It would require you to have the blobs for 5.1.1. I don't think i'm allowed to talk about jailbreaking stuff on here, but you can use TinyUmbrella to possibly retrieve your SHSH blobs. You can find a guide for that under the jailbreaking section, one of e stickied topics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can talk about jailbreaking till the end of time. :D

The second you cross any line concerning piracy, then we have to shut everything down.

You can talk about jailbreaking till the end of time. :D

The second you cross any line concerning piracy, then we have to shut everything down.

*Victory pose* Sweet. Wasn't sure since it does go off topic after all it's a 3GS sub-forum.

Well get TinyUmbrella, connect your device and see if you can Save SHSH. If the previous owner jailbroke the device, the SHSH blobs should be saved in Cydia, and you can use them again to downgrade your device and jailbreak it if you're planning to.

EDIT: Here's a really simple and straightforward sticky explaining why SHSH blobs are used and are important.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions-19986/

Props to f4780y

any good guide to down grade to 5.1.1 plz? it keep on doing it and its annoying me Thanks.

any good guide to down grade to 5.1.1 plz? it keep on doing it and its annoying me Thanks.

No point following a guide if you don't have your SHSH blobs saved...

Open up TinyUmbrella and look for your device. If it's not there, manually find the ECID. For Windows, go into Device Manager, then look for the Apple hardware, right click, properties. Then go into the Details tab, and find "Device Instance Path" in the drop down. Then there should be a row of characters. Copy them all out into Notepad or a Word Processing program. Copy ONLY the portion that has a bunch of 0's in it. It should be something like 000000XXXXXXXXXXXXX. Then there should be a symbol following it. Stop copying before you hit the symbol. That's your ECID. Open up TinyUmbrella, copy it into the Manual ECID field and click Manual ECID.

On the left hand tab, you should see a device under "Recent" with a ? and some characters. Click on that, and click on Save SHSH. Then wait until the loading bar on the bottom is done, then check under General and see if you see any 5.X.X iOS SHSH blobs. Should be something like iPhone3GS 5.X.X (#build). That's what you need to downgrade.

okej so now i downgraded to 5.1.1 and still doing the same thing but when i try to switch it on first a white screen then a yellow one...then i have to turn it off and on and works perfect...so now i think its a hardware problem or what?

Probably just a hiccup. Shouldn't be a problem. If you run into any other hiccups, iPF is always there

I didn't understand you XD could you please explain me ?

The original problem was probably an iOS problem. It was because it wouldn't boot the iOS. If it was a hardware problem, you probably wouldn't be able to turn it on now

Its still doing the same thing with 5.1.1 When i don't use it for a while then i press power / home button to switch it on a white screen then it changed to yellow and stay stucked there...then i have to switch it off and on again then it become fine its annoying :/