What's new

Screenshot iOS 10

ifrank00

Reaction score
Since upgrading to iOS 10, screenshot does not work. Holding the power button and then pressing the home button, looks like only the home button was pressed. The lock button works normally. If I continue to press the lock button I get the shutdown slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you making sure to press both buttons simultaneously?

Yes. Worked fine in previous versions.

Since upgrading to iOS 10, screenshot does not work. Holding the power button and then pressing the home button, looks like only the home button was pressed. The lock button works normally. If I continue to press the lock button I get the shutdown slider.

It needs getting used to, but it still works. Most of the time, I'm pressing the Power button just a fraction of a second before the Home button, sometimes I'm pressing both at the same time.
I've been using iOS 10 since June and I almost never have any problem with screenshots.

Another person checking in that my screen shots work without issues.

iOS 9.3.5 contained a very important security update that is also incorporated into iOS 10.
The iPhone 5 is the oldest iPhone that can update to iOS 10 so while it won't get most of the features of iOS 10, it should work well on your iPhone. It's currently doing OK on my iPhone 5.
Of course, the final decision on whether or not to update is your choice.

iOS 9.3.5 contained a very important security update that is also incorporated into iOS 10.
The iPhone 5 is the oldest iPhone that can update to iOS 10 so while it won't get most of the features of iOS 10, it should work well on your iPhone. It's currently doing OK on my iPhone 5.
Of course, the final decision on whether or not to update is your choice.

I didn't even know that you could upgrade your iPhone 5 to iOS 10. I thought the oldest iPhone would be an iPhone 5C, which is what I have.

I didn't even know that you could upgrade your iPhone 5 to iOS 10. I thought the oldest iPhone would be an iPhone 5C, which is what I have.
The iPhone 4S was the only iPhone capable of running iOS 9 that did not get the iOS 10 update.