What's new

Screen wont set correctly

iZIGGA

Reaction score
I bought a screen for my iphone and when i installed it, it wouldnt set right. When i press on one of the corners i see pixels appear. How can i fix this?

Something isn't put together properly in the phone then. I'd recommend disassembly and reassembly...

how many different screens are there and how do i know which one i need?
The iPhone 4 has two different style screens.... the GSM (AT&T) version and CDMA (Verizon/Spint) version. I apologize for not mentioning this earlier... it's quite possible that you have the incorrect screen for your version iPhone.

CDMA screen on the left... GSM on the right...

$untitled2.JPG

i ordered screens for cdma/verizon iphones and the screen doesnt fit properly. any other reasons it may not fit?

Ok, on which part that doesnt fit?Be sure to totally pull-up the flex connector and detach all the side screws as shown in the image.
Or better show us some screenshots..

check this one:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
why detach the side screws? its the corners that arent fastened down. the flex cable is all the way through

What I mean is remove the side screws before inserting or fitting the lcd.I assumed some of the screw washer moved in between the lcd bracket.it's hard to guess the problem,that's why it is best if you show us some screen shots for us to help you better.

Last edited: