What's new

"No Sim"

tuxben

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought an iphone 4 in the USA. I have a belgian Sim card.
It was a regular size sim card that i cut to fit the micro size for the iphone.
When i put my sim card in my iphone 4, i still see the "No Sim" on the left-top corner of the screen.
Is it normal ? Or did i not cut my sim card right ?
I still didn't unlock my iphone 4 yet.
Is this message gonna disappear when I will unlock my phone ?
Thank you very much !

tuxben said:
Hello,
I bought an iphone 4 in the USA. I have a belgian Sim card.
It was a regular size sim card that i cut to fit the micro size for the iphone.
When i put my sim card in my iphone 4, i still see the "No Sim" on the left-top corner of the screen.
Is it normal ? Or did i not cut my sim card right ?
I still didn't unlock my iphone 4 yet.
Is this message gonna disappear when I will unlock my phone ?
Thank you very much !

Is it locked to a network at the moment..it should go away when it's unlocked..go on to YouTube and have a look at some of videos about sim cutting

Okay, thank you for your answer, now I have a question to unlock it thanks to Sam! My phone is locked on att. Do I need a AT&T card to unlock it ? Because I need the imsi number from the AT&T card to be able to unlock it, right ?

tuxben said:
Okay, thank you for your answer, now I have a question to unlock it thanks to Sam! My phone is locked on att. Do I need a AT&T card to unlock it ? Because I need the imsi number from the AT&T card to be able to unlock it, right ?

If your iPhone is out of contract your network should unlock it for you..Vodafone sorted mine out for me..I needed a diff sim to use for unlocking:):)

So r u telling me that I can just go to my Belgian network and ask them to unlock my phone ? Otherwise, do I need the AT&T sim card to use the unlock of Sam ?

tuxben said:
So r u telling me that I can just go to my Belgian network and ask them to unlock my phone ? Otherwise, do I need the AT&T sim card to use the unlock of Sam ?

Yes but it depends on what kind of iPhone contract you have..is it still in contract..all bills up to date and so on..ask your Belgian operator to do it..all I did was I asked Vodafone for the unlocking code through apple..I had to get a different sim to make sure it worked..unlock with Sam is discontinued

Okay, I don't know for the iPhone contract... It's a second hand iPhone that I bought. I'm still in the USA... So do you think I can ask my parents (that are in Belgium) to ask the code to unlock it ? Or do they have to see my phone ? So anyway, when the contract of the guy would be more than 2 years old, I will be able to unlock it ? No matter what ?

tuxben said:
Okay, I don't know for the iPhone contract... It's a second hand iPhone that I bought. I'm still in the USA... So do you think I can ask my parents (that are in Belgium) to ask the code to unlock it ? Or do they have to see my phone ? So anyway, when the contract of the guy would be more than 2 years old, I will be able to unlock it ? No matter what ?

If its that long out of contract I don't think any network would unlock it now..I have seen somewhere on line that somebody used an on line company to unlock an iPhone with just your imei number..there's a member on here I think who operates a service like this but you could send apple an email with your details and they might agree to it..sometimes they will only unlock for its original owner..search online for this company as well as YouTube..is your iPhone working with a sim now

Yes but those service are expensive ! It works with an AT&T simcard of one of my friend ;) Should i "steal" his IMSI number and use it in my SAM Unlock app ? Does that would not mess up his phone/service... ?

Yes but those service are expensive ! It works with an AT&T simcard of one of my friend ;) Should i "steal" his IMSI number and use it in my SAM Unlock app ? Does that would not mess up his phone/service... ?
The SAM loophole is no longer working. You'll have to resort to the normal way of unlocking your iPhone now. Go to Settings>General>About... let us know what's next to "Version" and "Modem Firmware." These will aide us in determining what method and/or if your iPhone is Unlockable.

It's not working anymore ? why ?
It's an iOS5.0.1 and the BB is 04.11.08
What do you mean by reagular method ?

tuxben said:
It's not working anymore ? why ?
It's an iOS5.0.1 and the BB is 04.11.08
What do you mean by reagular method ?
Because it was a loophole in Apple's verification software through iTunes. They aren't gonna just let that fly. Regular methods are software (ultrasn0w) or hardware (Gevey) unlocking. Neither of which will work on BB 4.11.08.

mmmhhhh.... As i know, Gevey is now compatible with BB 4.11.08...
But how does it work ? Is it like a simcard you always put in your phone ? or is it a sim card that you put it once and then put your regular sim card ?

tuxben said:
mmmhhhh.... As i know, Gevey is now compatible with BB 4.11.08...
But how does it work ? Is it like a simcard you always put in your phone ? or is it a sim card that you put it once and then put your regular sim card ?

Correct... you place the sim card of your new carrier in w/ the Gevey sim Interposer. However... Gevey Ultra does not support BB 4.11.08.

AT&T is unlocking Iphones which are out of contract. You have to send a request to AT&T and be patiente. It's very crowded these days at AT&T.
I had mine unlocked, took me 3 weeks to get an E mail from AT&T that my Iphone was unlocked