What's new

Screen Protector

I have always been a fan of Zagg invisibleSHIELD. I've had them on my Tour, Droid, Droid X, iPod Touch and now iPhone. They don't take anything away from the screen and also show fewer fingerprints. The lifetime warranty/replacement is nice too!

My zagg shield has the orange peel effect :( cant say i am a fan.

Plus it covers up all the dumb apple and iphone branding on the back =]
I bought a screen shild and apple bumper BECAUSE i like the logo! Always happy to fly the apple flag. :)

Regarding orange peel, ive had the Clear-Coat screen and back protector for q few days and i like it. Very thin and fairly smooth. Not nearly as smooth as without it, tho...that glass is like ice :)

Last edited:
I have a Power Support Crystal screen protector on my iPhone. Definitely recommend it. I've used a zagg in the past on an old ipod and the orange peel and texture was not my thing. Not sure if they have improved though since then, it was about 3 years ago.

Here's my take on it. The iPhone 4 (and 3GS) are designed with an oleophobic (oil-repellent) screen coating; which keeps it relatively free of greasy fingerprints. Putting a screen protector on it defeats the purpose of this coating. So mine is (and will remain) screen protector-free. After 15 months of use without a screen protector, my Moto Droid is free of scratches; I believe the iPhone 4's screen is at least as good as the Droid's; durability wise.

Last edited:
Here's my take on it. The iPhone 4 (and 3GS) are designed with an oleophobic (oil-repellent) screen coating; which keeps it relatively free of greasy fingerprints. Putting a screen protector on it defeats the purpose of this coating. So mine is (and will remain) screen protector-free. After 15 months of use without a screen protector, my Moto Droid is free of scratches; I believe the iPhone 4's screen is at least as good as the Droid's; durability wise.

Agreed

Hi ppl, i got a Sony Xperia X10 Mini Pro mobile 2 months back... I d put a Screen Scratch Protector when i bought it... Few days back i accidenty dropped it on d road n thr was a scratch on d protector.. Since it was deep, i removed d protector later... Now I m in a small town whr v dnt find mobile stores near by... Is it necessary 2 put a Screen Scratch protector again 2 my mobile??? Coz it is a Capacitive Scratch resistive surface..

It is not necessary for the operation of your device but it sounds like the screen protector saved your screen from being scratched or cracked. So why not get another one for some peace of mind knowing if it happened again, your screen will be protected? In the long run, it is just personal preference, to have or not to have.

Best screen protector out there is at www.bestskinsever.com. I have been using these for years on my previous Blackberries and now my new Iphone. Pretty cheap (<$10) and ther are virtually indestructable.