What's new

Screen Protector?

mastsethi

Reaction score
Have you been using any Screen Protector? Do we need one?

Do I need one?........Yes I do. The iPhone screen is very durable, but CAN get scratched nevertheless.

The questions is.........do you care of your screen gest a few scratches. I personally care that my $600 dollar smart phone stays in the best shape as possible.

Always wise to protect...should you want to sell it in the future, it's just one more thing that makes a potential buyer want to buy it.IMO

It depends of how careful you are with it and the case you have when you carry it around, and everything. I personally don't have one but I have a smart cover, as well as a full back and front cover for transportation. But, I would say that having a screen protector on every devices is a good thing. It will prevent your phone from unwanted scratches.

Screen guard on Gorilla Glass is like tissue paper on Kevlar.

Get the otterbox defender series case. Max protection and has a built in screen protecter. It's quite big, but still.

Yes, I can't used a device without one because scratches scare me from PSP experiences years ago.. I have the HD Invisible Shield Full Body

WinterBird said:
I don’t use one because I tested my screen by putting some sand and wiping it out. There were some marks on the screen, but after wiping it there was nothing left but a clean screen.

Not much of a test mate. ............

I've taken a paper clip and keys purposely to my 4s screen. Perfectly fine. Corning (who makes gorrilla glass) is a very good company. I live near Corning, NY

jtrain907 said:
I've taken a paper clip and keys purposely to my 4s screen. Perfectly fine. Corning (who makes gorrilla glass) is a very good company. I live near Corning, NY

I scratched mine the first day I had it. My little girl put it face down on the table. Sugar grains scratched it when I went to pick it up.

I have an iPhone 4, a 4S, and an iPad and have never put screen protectors on them. None of them have scratches, yet. I don't want to dull the dynamics of the crystal clear retina displays with a piece of plastic film.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

I always put one on any device I have, but I make sure to have a nice quality one so I don't ruin the look of the screen. Go with the "Steinheil Clear Ultra Crystal Screen Protector" your screen will look just as good as a retina screen with no protector.

Protectors affect sensitivity of the screen. The iPhone look without screen protector is always better!

mastsethi said:
Protectors affect sensitivity of the screen. The iPhone look without screen protector is always better!

I don't know what kind of screen protectors you have used but I have used many, and not one of them effected the sensitivity of my touch screen.

If it does...then you need to get a different screen protector or get your screen replaced.

I use SGP Ultra Oleophobic and in my opinion this is one of the best.

Depends which screen protector you get. Some, like mine, have no negative effect on the screen's amazing display.