What's new

Screen locked

29Tudor

Reaction score
Today I had a problem with my screen locking up or unresponsive. At first I thought it might be something on the screen but it happened suddenly and screen looked clean. I noticed it would not respond to a home swipe at the bottom. It also would not let me close apps running. I was able to shut down and restart but it was slightly better. I decided I would drive down to the Apple store and have them look at it. Was having lunch with a friend and got a call. I couldn’t answer the call and that really convinced me I have a problem. I tried several times to shut down and restart but it would not respond to swiping across. Finally it shut down. I left it off for about 10 minutes before I restarted. Also had to hold on the button for about 10 - 15 seconds before it would restart. The restart after the Apple in the middle of the screen was much faster than I ever experienced on my 5s. Everything works fine now, response to screen is back to normal. Has anybody had this problem with their Xs MAX?

I have not, but I’m not looking forward to that issue. My X’s max has worked flawlessly since I got it in October.

Try a hard reset. Hold whatever 2 buttons are needed until the Apple logo appears then let go. Not sure which buttons they are on your phone.

Try a hard reset. Hold whatever 2 buttons are needed until the Apple logo appears then let go. Not sure which buttons they are on your phone.

Uhh that’s what I did to restart. Shutting down or turning off requires the same procedure as 5s and up

Powering the device down and a hard reset are 2 totally different things just so you know. You power down by holding the power button and then sliding the power off when it prompts. A hard reset requires that you hold 2 buttons, which are different from the 5s and the current phone you have. It may be volume down and the home button, or power button and volume down, or some other combination of 2 buttons.

iPhone 8 or X and later need a 3 button procedure:

Press and release Volume Up button, then do the same with the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until the iPhone turns off and on again. When you see the Apple logo, let go of the button.

Ohhh so what is the SOS Emergency for? If you hold on up volume and rh side button at the same time you get 3 choices.
SLIDE OFF>>>>>
SOS >>>>>
CANCEL

Thx J.A. I wasn’t sure the combo of buttons for later phones. Mine is just a 7 Plus.