What's new

sceen lock in calls

parudkin

Reaction score
Just got my new Iphone 4 and I have noticed that when in a call the screen does not lock as it did with my 3GS. This has meant thatmy ear keeps opening face time, mute and all the other optios on the keypad. Is there any fix for this?

Just got my new Iphone 4 and I have noticed that when in a call the screen does not lock as it did with my 3GS. This has meant thatmy ear keeps opening face time, mute and all the other optios on the keypad. Is there any fix for this?

Within the week the 4.1 software will be out that fixes it.

Within the week the 4.1 software will be out that fixes it.

Thanks

Yeah dannyboy is right.

The reason for this problem is caused by buggy software for the proximity sensor that detects how close your face is to the phone.

i have 4.1 and so far so good, i havent hit mute or anything else on accident at all, unlike when i had 4.0.2

Updated software, so hopefully no problems now.

thanks all

thanks all

What did you update to? 4.1 has the fix but isnt released till supposedly the 8th. U get the gm build?

I updated the latest phone software update from Itunes, I don't know if it was 4.1 but I have not noticed the issues I origional had with the screen during calls.

thanks all

What did you update to? 4.1 has the fix but isnt released till supposedly the 8th. U get the gm build?

I updated the latest phone software update from Itunes, I don't know if it was 4.1 but I have not noticed the issues I origional had with the screen during calls.

the latest one via itunes is 4.0.2 till tomorrow (supposedly) the 4.1 is supposed to be released to the public

I've installesd 4.1 update but I am still having the same problems, pressing buttons such as mute with my ear when on a call as the screen is not locking.