What's new

Scared of iPhone ??

abredt

Reaction score
I'm an Android and PC gal from way back. I know nothing about Apple nor IOS nor iTunes.

Husband and adult kids all have iPhones and iPads.
I think I'd like to get an iPhone but am kind of scared having to learn all of it.

I will want to put some movies on it. I converted some movies for them using PavTube and they put them on somehow.
I will want to transfer photos and movie clips from the iPhone to my PC computer and vice versa.

I'd appreciate some words of encouragement that may make me less nervous.
Thanks, cb

I'm an Android and PC gal from way back. I know nothing about Apple nor IOS nor iTunes.

I think I'd like to get an iPhone but am kind of scared having to learn all of it.

I will want to put some movies on it. I converted some movies for them using PavTube and they put them on somehow.
I will want to transfer photos and movie clips from the iPhone to my PC computer and vice versa.

Thanks, cb
you're in the right place to get help and advice,seems to me though that if your husband and kid's have iPhones then you have on the spot help there too,pop in to an Apple store and have a play with one,they will be only too happy to help also.

It's an amazing phone plus your family can help you!!!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

My husband is a computer novice. Follows the instructions in the book and does nothing but phone, email, and web surfing. He takes photos and emails them. He doesn't know if he can transfer them to a PC and the emailed photos have too low a resolution to print.

Kids live across the country. So I will be on my own with a user manual and this forum.
Thus... nervous.
cb

We are here for you! I'm always available also so you can send a private message if you need something ASAP.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

another thing,when you buy a new iPhone Apple give you 90 days of free phone support,this is invaluable,there is always help out there.

Thanks, cb

Oh, you will love the transition. Personally, I went from android to iphone and felt that the operating system was refreshing and easy to learn. If your husband has an ipad, why don't you try to play around with that and see if you like how it operates. If its an ipad 2 or more current--than the version of the iOS is the same: 6.1.3. There's some subtle difference in features between the ipad and the iPhone ...simply because it is a phone. However, practicing on the ipad may help improve your confidence in deciding.

I switched from note 2 to iphone 5 and I think u will like ur transition

I myself have recently moved to iPhone5 after using Android since it came out in 2008. Last Android handset was a Galaxy Nexus running CM10.1 and here is my experience.

There was a learning curve but was surprised how quickly I adapted to iOS. As a heavy user of Android I did find a lot of functionality was missing on the iPhone, but again quickly adapted to not having things like quick toggles and the way iOS handles multi tasking. In short iOS doesn't do as much as Android, but it does everything an average user would need and possibly a little more. However what it does do, it definitely does it better than Android.

One exclusion to this is transferring files to your device (music, pictures etc) is no where near as easy as Android as you can not simply plug into any PC and drag and drop.

So if you want a great user experience, crisp fluid user interface and probably one of the best looking devices on the market go for iPhone 5.

If you want a higher flexibility, more functionality than an average user will ever need and the ability to customise your handset in what ever way you like, then stick with Android...

Like you I was the only member in my family that DID NOT have an Iphone..(all 3 of my children are married adult so the family is enlarged lol)

However this will be the last iPhone I ever buy...
I find it way too restrictive ..I find the cost of apps high, I find the app store not nearly as easy to use as the Android Market ( now Play Store) and I do not care what anyone says I find the number of USEFUL to me apps much less for the iPhone then an Android... ( I have exactly zero games on my phones ... The lack of replacement on screen keyboards really still irritates me to no end..

Other then those few things I like the build quality of my iPhone...it works. and works well ... and at least now I do not have to fret over not having the latest android version on my phone....

BUT .... I think I'll definitely go back to Android ...

Bob G.

I came from the Galaxy Nexus and would not look back....had the iPhone 4S and left for the Nexus line thinking that Android FINALLY caught up to iOS....after a few weeks, I regretted my decision, and saved up the money to buy an iPhone 5 outright from an Apple store. Even Google+ is more refined on iOS than Androids latest OS (JellyBean)...will not give up my iPhone for anything now...and Soooo looking forward to the 5S. If you need any help this forum is AWESOME for answers, and besides...iOS is brilliantly simple :)