What's new

Saving navigation route in Apple Maps or Google Maps

DaveM

Reaction score
I used to use MotionX GPS Drive on my iPhone but it's no longer supported. It allowed me to create a custom route with multiple stops and save that route for later use. I've been trying to do the same thing in either Apple Maps or Google Maps. I can save a destination, but I can't find a way to save a route with multiple stops of my own. Is this possible? Are there any other currently supported navigation apps that will do this that anyone can recommend?

That is not good news. I used MotionX GPS HD on my iPad.

If I find anything that can replace Drive. I'll let you know. Pretty sure the Maps apps won't do it.

Thanks Kevin. Am I the only one who wants to make custom routes with multiple stops? It seems like this would be a fairly in-demand feature. According to MotionX the popularity of Apple Maps and Google Maps (free software) has driven their product out of the market. Personally I didn't think that there was any comparison. I much preferred MotionX. Free isn't necessarily better.

I'm with you all the way. Apple Maps is junk, IMO. Google is better but still lacking.

I'm a trucker with limited time to fool around. I might want to test a waypoint to see whether I have time to make a side trip, perhaps for cheaper fuel or whether that side trip will cost too much time and make the trip impossible to complete in the day.