What's new

saving files into iphone question

salsera

Reaction score
:retina:I am a noo b and i want to mod my phone, trying to do all the file saving and transferring stuff but when I plug my phone into my windows laptop it just comes up as a camera and doesn't allow any files in the phone to be seen and doesn't allow me to transfer any files into it. I have a mac too (my favorite) but the OS operating system is old and the iphone 4 is not compatible with it.

Please tell me all I have to do is get the new Mac OS Snow Leopard operating system, install it into my mac , and then I can make all these cool mods to my phone by saving files in there!!

iv got a PC and i use the WinSCP program.
http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

You will need to have the phone pluged in and runing on WiFi.

For host name = enter your IP address (Settings-WiFi Network-click the blue arrow next to your Network)

User name = root

Password = alpine

set Protocol to SCP

Click Save

Login

you'll need to enter alpine once more

DONE

Transfer and mod all you want

First of all, you have to jailbreak your phone and install Open SSH.

Thanks alot!! I will try it out! I need ro download open ssh onto the computer first then save it onto the phone right?

After jailbraking your phone, just go to Cydia and you will be able to install Open SSH directly on your phone. No need to use a PC for that.

do u have itunes on it???

banner.png

I am trying to mod my iphone through windows, and so i downloaded WinSCP and saved it however when I try to login it is saying it does not allow the connection. I have checked and rechecked my ip address and that is correct... any suggestions??

I installed open SSH too on my phone, don't know how to open it or what to do with it

I installed open SSH too on my phone, don't know how to open it or what to do with it

In winscp, did u make sure you have the right settings checked? Not just the right ip? Its been so long since ive used that. (use cyberduck with my mac now). Did u try all of the(3?) different connection types, mainly stfp?

OK it turns out I put the IP address of my computer instead of my phone, now its working fine :) I am trying to get that cool clearlock lockscreen that changes appearance depending on the time of day, but even though I copied it to the iphone and got it into winterboard its still not working even after respringing it, dont know what the problem is, could it be that its in a zip file???

OK it turns out I put the IP address of my computer instead of my phone, now its working fine :) I am trying to get that cool clearlock lockscreen that changes appearance depending on the time of day, but even though I copied it to the iphone and got it into winterboard its still not working even after respringing it, dont know what the problem is, could it be that its in a zip file???

Yeah nothing is supposed to be a zip file if u want the iphone to recognize it

Just download ifunbox. It's easy and connects over USB so data transfer is a lot faster.