What's new

How Do I Transfer Files/info from 2G to 3GS via PC?

ThymeTravel

Reaction score
Hi! I'm hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I have an i-phone 2G, jail-broken 3.1.2, that my friend gave me a couple of years ago. This same friend is passing down his 3GS to me now, jail-broken 4.3.3, and I'm in the process of transferring everything over.

I've managed to get most of my apps to transfer....only missing a few out of 86. I've also managed to get all my voice memo's files to transfer over. As for photos, for some reason, only half of the photos have transferred despite multiple synching attempts. Videos have not transferred. As for the rest of the files, like contacts, texts, notes, music files in my music-studio app, etc....it's a NO GO.

Can anyone help me with this? Is there a way to easily back up and synch/transfer these items? I run a business and have a lot of files I need to hang onto, and would be so seriously bummed out if I lose everything. What's the procedure?

Additional Info: I have two computers, a notebook and a desktop, both older PC's. I've downloaded the latest iTunes on both computers, updated apps, synched old phone to both computers, synched new phone to both computers, explored doing "restore" on new phone, but window popped up stating it would also download new version of i-phone software, which obviously would not be a good thing.

Oh, and my friend says the apps I'm having problems with are native apps. I'm newbie with the whole jailbreak thing so forgive me if I'm asking "dumb" questions. =)

Thank you so much.

Any ideas to help this frustrated girl? I'm grateful for any tips!

Pam