What's new

savely upgrading iphone 3gs FW 5.0 to 5.0.1

dinocorpse

Reaction score
Hi guys, i haven a iphone 3gs (new boothrom) fw 5.0 baseband 4.11 that i would like to upgrade to 5.0.1 if possible. I unlocked with SAM.
the reason for this is because i want a untethered jailbreak. im also having battery isseus on this FW.
i read somewhere that apple is no longer singning FW 5.0.1. so i wont be able to update to that version.
so wanted to know if this is even possible or should i just update to FW 5.1 and wait for a tethered jailbreak?
thanks.

First off with your information... there isn't a 4.11 Baseband for the 3GS. Either way... redsn0w is a Tethered JB for the 3GS on iOS 5.1. However... I'm not sure how updating from 5.0 to 5.1 will effect your SAM unlock.

Unless you have your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs saved there's no way to update to that firmware. If you do update, make sure you save your activation ticket first so you can unlock after you restore.

Hello Jmills, thanks for the reply. so lets see if i understand you correctly.
what your saying is that if i save my current shsh blob on fw 5.0 ill be able to still update to fw 5.0.1 without itunes telling me that this fw is no longer being signed?
if so, what is the easiest way to do this? i havesaved my shsh with redsnow and backdup SAM activation aswell on redsnow as cookie from cydia. just to be shure,
thanks

Hey guys can anyone help? Can i upgrade to 5.0.1?