What's new

iPhone 3Gs Issue!!!

erwinpr

Reaction score
Hey guys im having an issue with an iPhone 3Gs i bought second hand, i bought this phone already in recovery mode wondering that I could fix it but is stuck on recovery mode and i dont know the FW or the baseband, I just want to get this phone to work because i need it!!! Is there a program that i can use to check the FW or baseband while in recovery mode??? I already tried restoring to latest OFW with itunes which is iOS 6, I tried restoring to CFW 5.1, 4.2.1, 4.3 with and without ipad baseband made out with snowbreeze and no success, i tried fix recovery with tinyumbrella and nothing plz help! I DONT KNOW THE FW OR THE BASEBAND OF THIS PHONE!!!

The objective is to get it out of playing dead. Try putting it into DFU then restoring rather than the straightforward approach. The baseband doesn't matter for the 3GS because you can always upgrade to the iPad baseband then downgrade it easily. If it's second handed, chances are the previous owner might have jailbroken it and the SHSH blobs will be saved on Cydia so you can retrieve that using TinyUmbrella later on. Or if you want to check it out now, plug your device in, open TinyUmbrella and see if anything gets retrieved. Otherwise, manually input the ECID for the 3GS