What's new

Samsung exec admits he’s using iPhone at home

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$1050samsung-young-sohn-1.jpg

This week, MIT's Technology Review published an interesting interview featuring Samsung’s chief strategy officer, Young Sohn. In it, mister Sohn reveals some baffling information. One would expect that a high placed executive in the Samsung hierarchy would be sticking to Samsung products. Well, surprise-surprise. Young Sohn might own the Galaxy III but at home he prefers the products of Samsung’s arch enemy – Apple.

“I use a Mac, actually, at home. I’ve always used Mac, an iPhone, and an iPad. I also have the Galaxy… If you look at the strengths of Apple, in a way it’s not the product per se. It’s that consumers like their ecosystem such as iCloud. I like that my family 6,000 miles away in Korea is able to see my schedule and see all of my contacts and photos… At work I’m using Samsung devices; Apple at home, mainly because all of my systems and files are done that way.”

While Young Sohn is relaxing at home enjoying some movies on Netflix, his parent company has been ordered by a court to pay up to $1.05 billion in damages to Apple, due to accusations of infringing Cupertino patents.

It’s a little bit odd that a Samsung executive would admit so openly about rooting for the competition, since it is known that such statements can do more harm than good. Back in 2007, when Tom Brokaw interviewed Microsoft’s Bill Gates, the CEO stated that he wouldn’t store his favorite music on Apple’s iPod and that he uses a service called Zune, instead. Gate’s wife Melinda also admitted to the New York Times Magazine that she doesn’t allow her children use Apple gear.

Source: AppleInsider

Apple probably gave it to him lol!!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Lets be honest...the Samsung Galaxy S3 is dominant in every way....BUT Im sure they used Iphone for testing and R&D like any other company ( Kawasaki & Honda for example ).

Lets be honest...the Samsung Galaxy S3 is dominant in every way....

I don't agree at all. I had one for a little bit and for the price (2 year renewal) it wasn't worth it. It felt cheap. Within 24 hours I already had to pull the battery twice (had nothing but stock apps the phone came with) and while removing the back casing I thought it was going to snap in half. I have NEVER had issues with my 4s or 5 that would cause me to want or need a battery pull. Yes android is more customizable but the iPhone is more reliable. One of those quantity vs quality situations in my opinion. If I had to choose which phone to have iPhone hands down due to the quality and reliability I've experienced between the two. :)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Lets be honest...the Samsung Galaxy S3 is dominant in every way...

That's a matter of opinion. People buy android devices because they're cheap. I haven't seen any company running a "buy one, get one free" deal on iPhones or iPads the way many companies do for android phones. iDevices are much too valuable. Those "buy one, get one free" deals are also responsible for artificially inflating "android devices activated" statistics.

Last edited:
lol...Yes it all opinion, I personalty love it. Some complain about the "quality" they use a special plastic that allows for more connectivity to the wire provider and the phone. Next its a plastic that is flexible and hard to snap so it will last. It also happens to be lighter, people tend tho view this as a "Low quality feel" and you know what I agreed (at first). I personally think the Iphone 4 and up look great! Apple does a really good job on there products, they are very "fashionable". I got board of the Iphone (as I had one since the original one), and I think the OS on the Samsung is superior, its easier to use, lower in cost, you can find parts EVERYWHERE, I have a 64gb microchip plus the 16 build in so I have loads more space, S beam, I have two batterys that I can swap out on camping trips, the camera seems to be better, screen is bigger, and so much clear, and loads more reasons! BUT I do miss how the Iphone saved voice mails....thats about it. I felt apples products are overpriced for what you get. I gave them a shot when I was looking for a laptop for college, and to get a computer with half the power mine has it cost me TWICE as much, plus I would have to deal with buying all apple products that are overpriced. Some people swear by them, I gave them a shot. I am a PC, and I guess its all personal opinion. LOL I just started a huge war...

talk about egg on face lol.
well if you call that egg on face the what do you call what guy kawasaki did? after all he is the who started the whole apple evangelist/cult thing way back in the day. thier was no one more influential in apple products than him. hell good ol stevie must be rolling in his grave as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator: