What's new

Samsung Ad Pokes Fun at iPhone For Not Having Turn-By-Turn Navigation!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

9to5 Mac reports on an new television advert just released by Samsung for its Galaxy S II phone, which makes fun of Apple fans for queuing, and also shows a Samsung owner gloating because his phone has turn-by-turn navigation as standard and you don’t have to pay extra for it. Of course it doesn’t actually mention Apple at all in the ad, but we know who they’re getting at. It just seems kind of silly to make fun of your rivals because their products are so popular that people will queue all night for them. Samsung only wishes that its phones would have such cache and appeal, or that it could have its own prestigious stores located throughout the world. Of course, as 9to5 Mac notes, this is only the latest in a long line of Apple-bashing commercials from Samsung, which include one that also pokes fun at those who wait in line, and even at baristas!

Source: Samsunged: TV advert slams Apple’s iPhone over lack of stock turn-by-turn navigation software | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be better if they spent their money trying to solve the loss of call problem with their Epic 4G.

Yeah, the latest free Mapquest app has voice T-B-T.

I find that Apple hardly ever pokes or makes fun of Android devices, however, over at an Android Forum all they seem to do is put out articles and display commercials that make fun of Apple.

Guess it says something about the insecurities of the people with Android devices.
'm glad to be on this side of the spectrum now.

Let hope this little poke at Apple helps move things along in their quest to develop a Navigation app that works integrated with Gmaps!!

Closest to it and free is Waze.

I find that Apple hardly ever pokes or makes fun of Android devices, however, over at an Android Forum all they seem to do is put out articles and display commercials that make fun of Apple.

Guess it says something about the insecurities of the people with Android devices.
'm glad to be on this side of the spectrum now.

Let hope this little poke at Apple helps move things along in their quest to develop a Navigation app that works integrated with Gmaps!!

Closest to it and free is Waze.

Have you tried the new Mapquest release?

I'm not a rabid Apple fan(I love my iPhone though), that was pretty funny.