What's new

Safe mode

zuluwhiskeyfox

Reaction score
I have an iPhone4 and an iPad4 both jailbroken. Both of them insist on going into safe-mode about twice per week. It's getting rather annoying. Likely there is an incompatibility issue with something I have installed. I have been trying to find the culprit for some time now. Getting no where. I don't really have very much installed. I learned my lesson with the free themes. Most of them not very well vetted if at all. I have removed almost everything theme related. I tend to have only useful tools. Most of which one has to pay for. Now the funny thing is I have jailbroken my wife's iPhone4s and her iPad3. Neither of which has a problem. I have compared the list of installed items. I made devices exactly the same. Still no better. WTH? Does any body have any useful ideas? Has anybody else had similar issues? What would happen if I re-installed the evasi0n untether tool. That one I'm scared to touch. If this keeps up I may have to do the unthinkable and RESTORE my sanity.

Thank you,

ZWF

Possible system mod that's conflicting with one another. Get a Cydia tweak backup utility like xBackup, PKGBackup or the likes, backup all your tweaks and/or settings. Then export the archived file over to your computer terminal. Then perform a backup of your device. Follow this but do not restore your iTunes backup after it's complete. Reinstall the Cydia backup tweak that you used earlier, and import the archived file back to the directory that you extracted it from. Then use the backup utility to restore all your packages and sources.

Now extract your iTunes backup, and manually sync them back over to your device. You can use a number of utilities like iFunBox, iExplorer, iBackupBot, etc.

Last edited:
Possible system mod that's conflicting with one another. Get a Cydia tweak backup utility like xBackup, PKGBackup or the likes, backup all your tweaks and/or settings. Then export the archived file over to your computer terminal. Then perform a backup of your device. Follow this but do not restore your iTunes backup after it's complete. Reinstall the Cydia backup tweak that you used earlier, and import the archived file back to the directory that you extracted it from. Then use the backup utility to restore all your packages and sources.

Now extract your iTunes backup, and manually sync them back over to your device. You can use a number of utilities like iFunBox, iExplorer, iBackupBot, etc.

Thank you for the advise. I do agree there must be a conflict with some tweaks that I have installed. I'll give this a go.

cheers,

ZWF

I'm beginning to think I might have uncovered the culprit. It's been 4 days and no safe-mode. I'm starting to think it's Springtomize and Infinidock that don't get along. Springtomize has more to offer so Infinidock had to go. The jury is still out. Fingers are crossed.

The two are redundant, so having both will just simply increase your resource usage. When you have Springtomize, a lot of the other common tweaks tend to be useless since Springtomize either does the same or does it better than them.

Ya, I discovered Springtomize a little later in the game. So I ended up keeping Springtomize and removing the others. Howerver, Infinidock still added a little extra that Springtomize didn't have. In the end though if the two aren't going to play nice together then Infinidock must go. :(

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I evicted infinidock. So it seems that Infinidock and Springtomise don't play nice together. To bad. I like them both. However, Springtomise has more to offer. So.......

Today is 3 weeks since the removal of Infinidock and my iPad4 is still Safe Mode free. My iPhone4 on the other hand went into safe mode yesterday for the first time since the removal of Infinidock. So there is still something installed that is stirring the pot. I guess though 3 weeks is a lot better than 3 days.