What's new

Safari

azonie

Reaction score
This actually an iPod issue but assume would be same as iPhone.

Somehow my grandson lost the Safari icon on iPod. Safari itself must still be on iPod as we can get to Internet but icon gone. How do we get it back??

I know I have lost icons on iPhone before but found them on new home screen of their own, but not the car here.

Any ideas.

The icon must be sitting in one of the folders on one of the screens. if you can find Safari using spotlight which is the search feature it is still on the device. Many times I can not find an icon for an app and have to use the search feature. one problem with IOS search is that it wont take you to that folder it just opens up the app. Try looking thru every folder and you should find the Safari icon. The Safari app is hardwired into the software and can not be deleted

I looked in every folder. No Safari icon. Also looked in settings and Safari show be lusted between FaceTime and Messages. And it is not there either.

I recommend you several methods which i have done to my iPhone to restore missing safari icon. The first method is to check on all of the apps screens just because it might be accidently moved it off of your Dock bar. The next step is to look in Settings> General >Restrictions >Safari> Allow to ON . If your Safari Icon is still missing then again going into Settings> General > Reset and selecting Reset Home Screen Layout.I restored my Safari Icon to the Dock bar.
If all the above steps running successfully then you should have your Safari Icon back on the dock bar .

hopes this helps.

I recommend you several methods which i have done to my iPhone to restore missing safari icon. The first method is to check on all of the apps screens just because it might be accidently moved it off of your Dock bar. The next step is to look in Settings> General >Restrictions >Safari> Allow to ON . If your Safari Icon is still missing then again going into Settings> General > Reset and selecting Reset Home Screen Layout.I restored my Safari Icon to the Dock bar.
If all the above steps running successfully then you should have your Safari Icon back on the dock bar .

hopes this helps.

Reset Icon Layout?

That is a good one. I wish i would have thought of that to restore missing stock icons.lol:smack: