What's new

Safari scroll to top of page

christa84

Reaction score
Since downloading newer versions of IOS, I am no longer able to scroll to the top of a Safari page with a “double tap” at the top of the screen. This doesn’t pertain to all pages, but it does to most. I have combed the internet for a reason/resolution, to no avail. This is super inconvenient. Please help if you know whether there is a new way to do this. Thank you!

Last edited:
Double tap the time display at the top of the page. It works on the latest version of iOS 12 and the iOS 13 beta versions.

Thanks scifan57. It does work correctly for some pages. I just tried it on several for which it worked, but then tried it in Wikihow & it will not work. Very much a pain to have to scroll back to the top of a long article with your finger. [emoji53]

Thanks scifan57. It does work correctly for some pages. I just tried it on several for which it worked, but then tried it in Wikihow & it will not work. Very much a pain to have to scroll back to the top of a long article with your finger. [emoji53]
In that case and others where it does not work there’s probably some code in the web page that disables the feature. If possible try the same pages on a different iOS device to eliminate the possibility of your iPhone being the cause of the problem.

Getting back to the top on Wikihow by double tapping works on my iPhone XS Max and my iPad as well. So it’s not the site itself that prevents this.

Did you restart your device? (Turn it off and on again.)

Try moving the page back in the down direction, (like you are browsing normally), then try to double tap it back. Sometimes, when the page has been moving in the up direction it kind of hides the double tap target