What's new

Safari is missing and lots of more problems....

kidneyshot

Reaction score
I've never had an Iphone before and this one is not mine. It's of a friend and he's a noob in iphone and technical stuff. So I'll just write out what I know about the phone and hope that you guys can help me out what to do.

So it's an iphone 5 on ios 7.1.2. The phone assumingly is being hacked because we are not that sure. The passcode to log on the phone can be changed to log on on the phone. but to restore to factory settings doesn't work. Our fb accounts, whatsapp and all apps are still there. We can't log into our itunes account because that is hacked (somehow the password changed) and the email is also hacked.
I've tried to contact apple store here in the netherlands and they told me software problem I have to call. So calling is expensive and i'm not professional and its not mine it will take a long time to explain. So I've contacted apple and it send me a link to verify whether my iphone is ok or not. Since there is no safari and i'm scared to log i my own email account in the iphone I can't do nothing about this.
The password failed attempts to reset phone to factory is now at the 12th time. No iclouds account I see. and no itunes account anymore. Restrictions (under general) is also locked out.

Question: Can I just plug into itunes and upgrade and restore this phone? We don't want any backups or such since and want to start fresh with the phone.

Thank you in advance.

I've never had an Iphone before and this one is not mine. It's of a friend and he's a noob in iphone and technical stuff. So I'll just write out what I know about the phone and hope that you guys can help me out what to do.

So it's an iphone 5 on ios 7.1.2. The phone assumingly is being hacked because we are not that sure. The passcode to log on the phone can be changed to log on on the phone. but to restore to factory settings doesn't work. Our fb accounts, whatsapp and all apps are still there. We can't log into our itunes account because that is hacked (somehow the password changed) and the email is also hacked.
I've tried to contact apple store here in the netherlands and they told me software problem I have to call. So calling is expensive and i'm not professional and its not mine it will take a long time to explain. So I've contacted apple and it send me a link to verify whether my iphone is ok or not. Since there is no safari and i'm scared to log i my own email account in the iphone I can't do nothing about this.
The password failed attempts to reset phone to factory is now at the 12th time. No iclouds account I see. and no itunes account anymore. Restrictions (under general) is also locked out.

Question: Can I just plug into itunes and upgrade and restore this phone? We don't want any backups or such since and want to start fresh with the phone.

Thank you in advance.
Safari is one of the stock apps and can't be deleted. Are you sure it's not hiding in a folder somewhere? If you still can't find it, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout. This will return all stock app icons to their default arrangement and may rearrange the other icons as well.

Has your iPhone ever been jailbroken? I'm asking because the only way anyone could possibly hack your iPhone. In any case, they would need hands on access to your phone to do anything.

My Iphone has not been jailbroken before. The safari is still missing after I've resetted the home screen. Even under general where u can find safari for the settings of safari, the safari is missing. Thank for your help, Scifan!

p.s. I can't download any new apps, since the itunes account is gone. I think the system is just messed up. I want to make a new itunes account with new email address.

Have you tried restoring your phone through iTunes on your computer? If the current firmware is corrupted, that would fix it. If you are able to backup your phone, do so, otherwise you'll have to set it up as a new phone.

If the restore through iTunes doesn't work, you may have to put the phone into recovery mode and try from there. If you can t update or restore your iPhone iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

Last edited:
Not yet, since it is not my phone and the itunes are gone. It's not my phone. So should I just log out, make a new account for itunes first and then try to do it on my pc. I have an ipad myself which is linked to my own itunes account. Thank u. I'll try out whether itines recognized it or not. Thanks! I'll try later :)

OK, I've made a new itunes account with a new email. Then backed up the iphone and went to restore and update to iOS8.1.3. Everything went well, and after installing the safari is still missing. So what I did was restore to factory settings since I already backed up files and photos somewhere else. Now everything seems to be fine now and the most important thing is ... Safari is back :)

Keep you updated if there is are other things to be mentioned.