What's new

Sad to say my i5 has to go, no data and voice

I'm sorry that I'm not as up on the tech as you.. But it is a fact that you can talk and surf at same time on most Verizon Lte Android devices . Sorry I didn't not realize it took 3 antennas(again sorry for not being as tech as you). As for Iphone5 not having room to install the 3rd antenna that I guess could be true but I'm not a antenna engineer to know for sure. Now Apple not wanting to design the iphone5 with the plan to have a 3rd antenna for just Verizon customers is where I feel they the drop the ball. I know many don't care enough about it but many do.. I was just talking to a guy who switched from At&t and this was his main complaint. If I was Apple, I would want all my customers to have the same experience with using my phone no matter what network they were on .. Which I guess LTE android phone OEM must care enough to do so. How many Verizon Iphone5 do they sell?? I'm sure the number is high enough to had justify the extra design cost.

I'm not here to start any arguments, just letting people know. I really here to learn about the 5.. I really do enjoy all your knowlege Skull one and have since the droid days.

1) Verizon LTE Android devices JUST recently (IE last 5 months) have been able to do voice and data at the same time over a cellular only connection.

2) Apple didn't drop the ball, VZW did. VZW didn't implement the CDMA or LTE spec properly. No arguing that. Ever.

3) LTE Android phones are tailored made to each cellular provider. That is why they can afford to drop dual antennas in them.

4) It doesn't matter how many iPhones VZW sell. It matters if VZW implements the LTE specification that the rest of the planet adopted and the cellular chip makers have designed the chips for. Which they didn't.

Blame is on VZW for this. Simple as that. And here is the really funny part. Even with Verizon breaking the specification, they are still the best cellular provider in the US. So they must be doing something right.

And I am not arguing. I am pointing out inaccuracies with information that can be freely researched and confirmed. Same thing I used to do back in the Android days. ;)

meakerbmx said:
You can do voice and data on verizon so you might be under that rock....

Its both Apple and Verizon issue. Verizon needs to fix their network to handle data/voice on one antenna but until then apple could had done like any 4g android phone on Verizon and had installed two antennas.

you can do it only if you are connected to a wifi so no im not under that rock genius

meakerbmx said:
I'm sorry that I'm not as up on the tech as you.. But it is a fact that you can talk and surf at same time on most Verizon Lte Android devices . Sorry I didn't not realize it took 3 antennas(again sorry for not being as tech as you). As for Iphone5 not having room to install the 3rd antenna that I guess could be true but I'm not a antenna engineer to know for sure. Now Apple not wanting to design the iphone5 with the plan to have a 3rd antenna for just Verizon customers is where I feel they the drop the ball. I know many don't care enough about it but many do.. I was just talking to a guy who switched from At&t and this was his main complaint. If I was Apple, I would want all my customers to have the same experience with using my phone no matter what network they were on .. Which I guess LTE android phone OEM must care enough to do so. How many Verizon Iphone5 do they sell?? I'm sure the number is high enough to had justify the extra design cost.

I'm not here to start any arguments, just letting people know. I really here to learn about the 5.. I really do enjoy all your knowlege Skull one and have since the droid days.

you are comparing android to apple and expecting everything to be the same and then attacking everyone who knows more than you? dude just RELAX and learn something the technological world changes everyday and everyday we all learn something new and we arent attacking everyone else

You might want to check your facts cause you first point is wrong. Its been a lot longer the 5 months. I'm sure you can do research and find that the thurnderbolt can do this without using WiFi. Just cellular. Not counting the razors and my galaxy nexus which is coming up on a year old.. 10 months...

Fyi. I do enjoy reading your post cause most of the time you have a lot of helpful info.

poeticvibez07 said:
you can do it only if you are connected to a wifi so no im not under that rock genius
Do the research. Yes you can and its been that way since the thunderbolt came out.. Not sure the date that phone came out but its been close to a year and half ago.. Once again you can research it if you don't believe me...
I'm talking and typing this right now on my phone without using WiFi...