What's new

Rumour: iPhone 8 Could be Delayed Until October or November, Will Cost Less Than $1,000

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone 8 could be delayed until October or November.JPG

AppleInsider reports today that according to the Economic Daily News, the iPhone 8 could be delayed until October or November due to “technical issues” with the OLED screen lamination process, as well as problems with the 3D sensing system.

This is the third report to say that the 3D sensor is causing delays in production of the next iPhone.

According to this latest report, TSMC, Foxconn Electronics, Pegatron Technology, Wistron, Advance Semiconductor Engineering (ASE), Largan Precision, Cyntec and Yageo are all supplying components for the iPhone 8. Himax has previously been said to be manufacturing the components for the 3D sensor that are said to be causing the delays.

Meanwhile, in a separate report on AppleInsider, UBS analyst Steven Milunovich says that the OLED iPhone 8 will come in at a price point below $1,000, starting at between $850 and $900, with the 256GB model costing between $950 and $1,000. He also envisions that the iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus will cost $100 less than the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, offering a wider range of prices.

iPhone 8 concept: Martin Hajek

Sources: Rumor: Supply chain issues with 'iPhone 8' 3D sensors may lead to late launch in Oct. or Nov.

Analysts suspect Apple will offer OLED 'iPhone 8' for less than $1,000, cite market forces

Swinging on both sides of the fence on this. I like the potential price but not the possible delay, alas I will just have to wait and see [emoji2]

Ahhh another month or two!! :( If they actually release a 7S I'll cry.