What's new

Rumour: iOS 10.3 to Have New “Theatre Mode”

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
1311-1483394564-0b2447a4d46b92cbc8ed01d4ed5c6c04.jpg

BGR writes that well-sourced Apple leaker Sonny Dickson has been tweeting about what we can expect from iOS 10.3, including some very interesting new features that he says are included in the update.

Dickson says that Apple will be releasing the first iOS 10.3 beta to developers on January 10, and that it will include a new “Theatre” mode that will have its own popcorn-shaped icon in the Control Center.

Unfortunately that’s pretty much all the info that Dickson is able to impart about the rumoured Theatre mode at the moment, so let the speculation begin as to what it might actually mean! It’s possible that it is some sort of addition to the current “Do Not Disturb” feature to be used when in a movie theatre or when seeing a stage show. Or, possibly more likely, it could be a version of the rumoured “Dark Mode” that Apple was revealed to have been working on during development of iOS 10, but which has yet to arrive. Indeed, Dickson himself told 9to5 Mac that he believes it to be “an enhanced version of Dark Mode.”

Sources: http://bgr.com/2016/12/31/ios-10-3-rumors-theatre-mode-dark-mode/

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/06/20/ios-10-dark-mode-rumor-settings-app/

Last edited:
I'm hearing it dims the screen while turning off the ringer, GPS, and other functions. For like in a theater.

I see some new themes. But what you think about iOS.
I still didn't update. How battery behave?
iOS 10 versions discharge battery 10% faster than default iOS 9 on my iPhone SE.
But for me is not problem, always have enough.

I see some new themes. But what you think about iOS.
I still didn't update. How battery behave?
iOS 10 versions discharge battery 10% faster than default iOS 9 on my iPhone SE.
But for me is not problem, always have enough.

Some of the new features in iOS 10, of used, will use a little battery. One example are the new iMessage effects. I don't concern myself with battery usage. I'll either upgrade before the battery expires or buy a new battery. I haven't heard anyone with an SE mention battery being an issue on 10.3. You should update because it has many new security patches.