What's new

Rumour: Apple to Replace Space Gray iPhone With Deep Blue Version

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Deep blue iPhone 7 rumoured.JPG

MacRumors reports on a surprising story from Mac Otakara that says that Apple is to replace the space gray iPhone colour option with a deep blue version, starting as soon as this year’s iPhone 7. The other available colours would be silver, gold, and rose gold.

According to Mac Otakara, Apple will discontinue the space gray iPhone colour, which was first used for the iPhone 5s in 2013, and which then replaced the slate black colour of the iPhone 5.

The same report also said that the iPhone 7 will have the same LCD display as the current range of iPhones, which ties in with the majority of recent rumours that have said that there will be no major iPhone display upgrade until 2017, when OLED displays are expected to be introduced.

The iPhone 7 is expected to be announced this September, with few design changes. Other recent credible reports say that there will be no headphone jack, and that the phone will be the first iPhone to be fully waterproof.

Source: Sketchy Rumor Says Apple Will Add 'Deep Blue' Color for iPhone 7, Drop 'Space Gray'

This year for the first time I was going to move away from Silver and get Space Grey, However the deep blue sounds nice.
It will be very interesting to see if thats true.

That does look nicer than the grey-
I'm debating a black iPhone next-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been waiting for a black design ever since the removal of the sexiest color ever (5)!

Let me be the first one to say I can't stand that new deep blue replacing space grey. I would never ever want that ugly color.

Apple has introduced many colors over the years which NONE have appealed to me. I hope this rumor is not true! Love my space grey.

The Space Gray is the most popular iPhone color at 49.61%, I doubt they remove that color from the line up, but anything is possible. I personally would be disappointed if they did and probably hold on to my Space Gray 6s Plus for dear life. [emoji16][emoji12]

The Space Gray is the most popular iPhone color at 49.61%, I doubt they remove that color from the line up, but anything is possible. I personally would be disappointed if they did and probably hold on to my Space Gray 6s Plus for dear life. [emoji16][emoji12]

Ironically this year was going to the first time I changed from Silver to Space Grey so I hope they do keep it in the line up.