What's new

RUMOR: Microsoft Office Coming To iPhone?

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
45-office2007c762993.jpg

Now there are plenty of Apps out there that can do about the same thing as Microsoft Office, but this is the real deal. Although currently a rumor, we don't see why not. After Bing got accepted into the App Store, it seem like Apple is getting along with Microsoft better than Google. This job opening over at Microsoft might be showing that Office is coming to the iPhone:

In addition to the current Windows Mobile 6.5 and upcoming WM7 clients, with the recently announced alliance between Microsoft and Nokia we are working to bring Office Mobile to hundreds of millions of Nokia smartphone owners, followed by other leading Smartphone platforms.

So we have the iPhone where the last census brought it to being the second choice in smartphones, not too far behind RIM, and catching up!

i used to always buy nokia and nothing else after the n97 ill never buy one again, wouldent iworks also work better then ms office? but for a cell phone? no way id never get anything like that unless i attached a bluetooth keboard. i think it would be better for the ipad

hey is there any news about that? if it's still just a remource, can u plz give me name of the app that does power point, word document, and excell? thenx

I think Microsoft has been developing an app for a while, but everyone knows how long it takes them to get anything done. But say they started developing when the original iPhone came out, that means it should be about done now.

hey is there any news about that? if it's still just a remource, can u plz give me name of the app that does power point, word document, and excell? thenx

The all-singing version of DataViz's new Documents to Go for iPhone will set 3GS users back £5.99 – a piffling amount of money when they stop to consider what they have just shelled out to upgrade to the most famous mobile on the planet.
Basic £2.99 version
Documents to Go will also be made available in a cut-down Word editing and Desktop sync version for a mere £2.99. As well as letting you create and write Word docs you can also insert tables, embed graphics and use a whole host of other useful and popular MS Word features on your iPhone.
Users will also be able to view (but not edit) Excel, PowerPoint and PDFs, with the devs promising editing functionality for those types of Office docs in the near future.
iPhone users can check out Dataviz's website for more details

if i had the ipad i would consider it. but atm office is better on my mbp

View your MS office files from iphone/ ipad with FileReflex