What's new

Root files missing ios 8.1

Bunximo

Reaction score
Hi,

I've jailbroken my iPhone 5s using Pangu and it's working fine. When I connect the iPhone to my computer and go into the root file using iSpirit or iPhone Browser, a lot of the root files aren't visible, such as /private or /var.
Oddly, they are visibly using iFile on the iPhone itself. I want to import some images for CustomFolderIcons but can't because I cant find these folders. Has anyone else come across this>

Cheers,

Bunximo.

You have to install a tweak called "Apple File Conduit 2." It was developed by saurik (Jay Freeman, the owner of Cydia) and is what allows computer programs to access your device via USB (versus SSHing in).

It's a free tweak that's downloadable from Cydia.

Marilyn

That's fantatstic! Many thanks for your help, much obliged.

Bunximo.

You couldn't tell me the file path to the 'settings' and 'photos' icons could you please? I've managed to sort out all my folder icons now, but need to sort these two out. I can't find them anywhere.

Many thanks.

The Settings app (aka "Preferences") can be found at

/Applications/Preferences.app

This is iFile, by the way (at least, it's the address when I use iFile on my iPhone 6 Plus).

The Photos app (aka "MobileSlideShow") can also be found by going to the very top of the file hierarchy; its address is

/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app

Hopefully, this'll get you where you need to go.

Marilyn

The Settings app (aka "Preferences") can be found at

/Applications/Preferences.app

This is iFile, by the way (at least, it's the address when I use iFile on my iPhone 6 Plus).

The Photos app (aka "MobileSlideShow") can also be found by going to the very top of the file hierarchy; its address is

/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app

Hopefully, this'll get you where you need to go.

Marilyn[/QUOTE

Many thanks for that. I've changed all the icons in those locations but after a respring and a reboot the default icons still appear. Can you think of anywhere else I need to look?

If you manually change icons in iFile, you have to clear the icon cache before a respring before your changes take place.

So, navigate (in iFile) to:

var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache

Delete that file ["com.apple.IconsCache"]. Then, do a respring and now your "new" icons should appear.

Holler back if this doesn't work or if you need more.

Marilyn

If you manually change icons in iFile, you have to clear the icon cache before a respring before your changes take place.

So, navigate (in iFile) to:

var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache

Delete that file ["com.apple.IconsCache"]. Then, do a respring and now your "new" icons should appear.

Holler back if this doesn't work or if you need more.

Marilyn

Or with SSH commands or Mterminal, you can run the command 'uicache' as well, which recaches the icons without having to disturb music playback or downloads if that's running in the background. Either way, it's the same :)

Magnificent, it's worked! Many thanks for all your help, much appreciated.