What's new

Ringtones

bkdraft

Reaction score
I applied a different ringtone to my wifes contact info, so when she calls it rings different. It still rings with the default phone ringtone, even though it shows the other one is active. Any ideas?

I applied a different ringtone to my wifes contact info, so when she calls it rings different. It still rings with the default phone ringtone, even though it shows the other one is active. Any ideas?

I too have this problem and can't find a solution anywhere! Any help would be appreciated.

It happens exactly the same to me since the iOS 5 update.
See my post on the same forum

It turns out I had multiple contacts for the people I was trying to set custom ringtones for. My mom, for example. I tried combining the contacts-- but that didn't work. I just deleted all her contact info and made one new one. Worked like a charm.

It turns out I had multiple contacts for the people I was trying to set custom ringtones for. My mom, for example. I tried combining the contacts-- but that didn't work. I just deleted all her contact info and made one new one. Worked like a charm.

I do have the same phone numbers assigned to more than one contacts, for example my home phone number is attached to "Home", to me and to my wivfe. So are some other numbers.
However the ringtones do finally work after I update to iOS5 and re-start the iPhone. The multiple contacts do not interfere.