What's new

Ringtones

claynz

Reaction score
Is there a issue with ringtones on a Jailbroken phone? I can not get them into the ringtone folder to sync or when I do using IMTOO ringtone maker it still gives me errors when I sync the phone

but what do you do? and what do you use to convert.. in detail if you can

First off I tried doing it via itunes by creating AAC version and changing time to less than 30 seconds then dragging it to desktop and renaming the extension to .m4r at this point when I drag it to itunes ringtone folder nothing shows up in itunes, I've also tried adding the file manually and the same result.
I have also used IMTOO Ringtone maker and that program adds the ringtone to itunes automatically and shows up in ringtones but when I do a sync it says it fails sync the ringtone

maybe the program makes the songs for longer then 30 seconds?

best way to do it if your jailbroken... itunes conver to aac then rename to .m4r as you done then in openSSH upload them to the ringtones folder..

======

the way your doing it should be fine if you add to the ringtones folder, not in the iphone tab ringtones add to library then in the iphone ringtones tab select chose what tones to have and select them all, i hope that makes sense

or that... ^^ thats what he has been doing and the tones dont show up. so some where n that process hes been doing it wrong, im sure with the very helpfull link you gve it will become clear

Ok, I have played the ringtone file on the desktop I had stored there and it added it to itunes so I went to devices / ringtones checked the ringtone to sync and the sync completed without error but still doesn't show up in the sounds setting on the phone.
How do I openSSH to upload it?

if your jailbroken open cydia and get the app openSSH then from your computer take the ip address of your iphone then use that as a connect ip with an app like winSCP if your windows and filezilla on mac and username: root password alpine

i would use terminal to change that root password to be more secure

Cheers, I am using this Panda PC Suite software and went to Files/Library/Ringtones and added it there and now it appears on the phone thanks.

excellent. no worries. i also like that way they dont have to be under 30 seconds

Ok, I have played the ringtone file on the desktop I had stored there and it added it to itunes so I went to devices / ringtones checked the ringtone to sync and the sync completed without error but still doesn't show up in the sounds setting on the phone.
How do I openSSH to upload it?

I went through this whole process this morning.. twice. The newly created ringtone did not show up in 'ringtones' on the iPhone after I synced. I tried rebooting the phone and that did not work. But as soon as I disconnected the phone from the cable.... Bingo! there is was!

As long as it is showing up under Ringtones in Itunes, do the Sync then disconnect. Maybe reboot after the disconnect.

Let us know if that works.